Tall seat, Bar risers and graphics *picts*

Hey guys have not been on here for a while thought I would stop in and share a few photos of my bike I finally have done. I had http://www.cokerprecisiongraphics.com/ do the graphics for me they were $200 bucks I think and I still have not put on my swing arm stickers and there turn around and customer service is top notch. I just got the SDG tall seat today I dont know if the ripples suppose to be on there or what but owell it will do what i need it to do, at last was the 10mm Applied bar risers... BEWARE if you have a 2007 yz 450 and want bar risers you will have to drill your stock triple clamp holes out a little bit to fit the bigger bolt that comes with the bar risers then put three washers in OR buy a top triple clamp.Those were my two choices and I went the free route and drilled them out.

here is a few shots

HOSS8017%20copyside.jpg

back.jpg

left%20side.jpg

top.jpg

I'm surprised you haven't put Fastway footpegs on yet.

These pegs are great! All you have to do is when you put them on your bike you put the spring infront of the peg instead of behind it and it lowers and moves the pegs back. Plus not to mention how big they are, and that you can replace the studs on the pegs.:applause:

The cover isn't tight enough or you don't have the hooks under the spots in the sub frame.

Anywho, great looking scooter!

Your right about the cover. SDG did a really crappy job on the seats. I got a step from them that was so bad, I sent it back. I ended up w/ a regular one. Same thing as the pictures above. After a few rides most of the wrinkles do go away but it is still very hard to get this seat on and off. Very unimpressed for sure.:applause:

I'm surprised you haven't put Fastway footpegs on yet. They are about 1/2" lower than stock and really make a difference with the taller bars especially when you are standing.

They really make a big difference? I never tried them

which ones are you talking about?

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=230

How do you lower the stock pegs ? Do you have to grind down the stops?

It's easy and I'm sure there's a thread here somewhere about it. Just cut off the post on the peg where the spring goes and move it to the top and reassemble. Be sure to switch the springs from right to left and install them upside down.

I have a SDG step seat and it came through looking like a monkey had put on the cover. The wrinkles did go away though after riding for a few hrs, but the fit and finish leave a lot to be desired.

I also have the fastway pegs. I had a set on my last bike and loved them, but I am unimpressed with how they fit on the YZF. I am taking them off and putting the stock back on. If anyone is interested, I will sell them along with the Fastway mounting brackets which I was told were necessary to be able to run them in the low postion. PM me and make me an offer.

I found that I didn't have to put the positioning screw in at all on the Fastway pegs. If I put it in the pegs had a crazy camber to them so I just left it out (still have a tiny bit of upward camber) and have been enjoying them ever since. I wouldn't mind putting the stocks back on, in a lower position, just to get the weight savings.

Just lower the stock pegs. No need to spend money on the Fastways. Plus if you decide that you don't like them lowered, you can put them back to the stock position.

Baron hey bud i've looked at my pegs about 20 times and i'm lost? If you or anyone gets a minute can you explain in 101 terms so I dont screw something up.I can see moving the spring to the opposite side to move them back and down but what post are they cutting?

Anyone have a picture of stock pegs lowered so i can get a general idea.

Thanks alot guys this site is always a big help.

Hoss

On each peg, there's a tubular extension that the return springs wind around. As issued, this extension is below and behind both pegs. What's been done is to saw this extension off as squarely as possible, so that it becomes a separate little spacer. You then reassemble the foot peg to the pivot with the sawed off extension in front and above each peg, with the springs reversed as noted before.

• 3 months later...

Did you do this on an aluminum frame? I have done this on an '04 and it worked fin.But on the 07, lowered peg will hit the bracket bolt head that bolts to the frame. I will have to cut .25" out of the peg stop. The titanium is almost impossible to grind. I will have to use a mill.