Used 1997 XR600R Questions HELP PLEASE

24 replies to this topic
  • BOLT Performance

Posted February 28, 2007 - 11:57 AM

I was bumping it because i just want some more reassurance*. I dont ride wide open desert. Its mainly hay fields and trails. Is this a good bike for that kind of riding? Some people say it is, some say it isnt. Thats why i'm hesitating on pulling the trigger. I'm an expirenced rider. Will this bike be ok for trails?

Well the longer you vacilate... and keep posting where the bike is to 100,000 riders on TT, how long do you think that bike is gonna still be there for you to think about ? LOLOLOLOLOL

It's probably already GONE ! :applause:

• Rangerfng

Posted February 28, 2007 - 01:08 PM

Hey Bro
Well i can tell you that I use to own a 86 xl60r and I am 5' 9'' and at the time only 140lbs. I used to bike for mostly trail riding and had a blast. it was a pig in the woods and had to gear it down so first gear had more tork for those slow rides. It still had lots of power in to top end for road riding as well. I pulled many of my friends out of mud bogs with it. I would take a look on any of the site shat cell bikes IE E-bay. these Bikes all have good resale values. I just picked up a 96 xr650l a few months ago. and now that i have it home and am taking it apart, i am finding alot of problems. nothing that camt be fixed though. Honda engines amd bullet proof and will run forever. I am working on upgrading the plastics to the newer red. if you have any ideas let me know.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • randall205

Posted February 28, 2007 - 03:23 PM

I live in Salina, KS. My XR600 is currently on it's way to becoming a three wheeler. It will be intended only for the sand. I rode the bike a few times in the sand and decided it was way too heavy compared to my KX500, so I figured it would make a great three wheeler (since I love my wife's 350X, surely a 600X would be better). I have seen a few people riding at Milford on big 6s, and one kid even jumped his wearing flip flops, he got more air then I did on my wife's YZ250. So it's kind of more up to what you want to do with it and how crazy you want to get. It will not be a nimble woods bike in tight stuff (for most people); if that's where you ride then I would recommend a KDX. I think it would make a great bike for riding on the street but still being able to burn up some dirt roads and hit some pastures. Like I said, if you got it and didn't like it I would probably take it off your hands...
-J

• EMathy

Posted March 02, 2007 - 08:33 AM

I was bumping it because i just want some more reassurance*. I dont ride wide open desert. Its mainly hay fields and trails. Is this a good bike for that kind of riding? Some people say it is, some say it isnt. Thats why i'm hesitating on pulling the trigger. I'm an expirenced rider. Will this bike be ok for trails?

Hay fields and trails? Sure!

I took my '94 XR600R offroad from Canada to Mexico. It's a 2,500 mile dualsport route with everything from high speed desert roads to rocky technical climbs. That XR ate it all up and didn't miss a beat. Now I'm getting it setup with Honda F2 forks and rear rim to go roadracing with. :applause:

You can do anything with an XR600R.

• tbrown86

Posted March 04, 2007 - 06:59 AM

Well I've decided not to get the bike at this time. So there is a 1997 Xr600R for sale in north west arkansas. The link is in this thread.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.