Bought new 06 WR450 ** has questions about mods

7 replies to this topic
  • vancecantdance

Posted February 21, 2007 - 05:05 PM

I just bought an 06 WR450 and I have a question about pulling a grey wire? Also what to do about lengthing my throttle twist? I am approx at sea level and wondering about proper jetting with stock pipe.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 21, 2007 - 05:27 PM

I just bought an 06 WR450 and I have a question about pulling a grey wire? Also what to do about lengthing my throttle twist? I am approx at sea level and wondering about proper jetting with stock pipe.

cut the grey wire and forget about it, you can cut or buy a yz throttle stop, and check the jetting data base in the sticky!

• WR450RICKO

Posted February 21, 2007 - 05:38 PM

by the kit ($40) install everything per the instructions
Your first ride with these mods will blow you away.

• texas_hippie

Posted February 21, 2007 - 06:24 PM

Just go get the AIS removal kit from your dealer. It has the shorter throttle stop, the correct jets,and all you need to make the 06' a screamer

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fullbore4

Posted February 21, 2007 - 11:05 PM

I agree except the jets you need depend on a lot of things including which mods you do. Read up on "free mods" and do what you want and when you've made all the changes you want, then work on jetting it properly. If you have questions, let me know as I have an 06 also.

• vancecantdance

Posted February 22, 2007 - 04:32 PM

What have you done to yours so far? I haven't touch mine yet, but I want to do a little to the airbox, pull baffle, pull grey wire, and jd jet kit. How does that sound?

Thanks
Vance can't dance.....

• Fullbore4

Posted February 22, 2007 - 08:46 PM

What have you done to yours so far? I haven't touch mine yet, but I want to do a little to the airbox, pull baffle, pull grey wire, and jd jet kit. How does that sound?

Thanks
Vance can't dance.....

I'm not sure who your asking but my updated info is listed in the jetting database on page 8 which is the following:

http://www.thumperta...t=411240&page=8

• vancecantdance

Posted February 24, 2007 - 03:14 PM

thanks for steering me in the right direction i,ll get back to you in a couple months its -10 out right now and the bike is working like shit thanks for your help

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.