Brothers 426

8 replies to this topic
  • Trainwreck450

Posted February 21, 2007 - 11:54 AM

He is finally ready to fix up the 426 a lil. Any suggestions as to what helps the most??:applause:

• 642MX

Posted February 21, 2007 - 12:09 PM

Suspension revalve, Rekluse, Auto-Decompression cam. How much money do you want to spend?

• DrThumper

Posted February 21, 2007 - 12:41 PM

For better throttle response and low-end I suggest:
FreePowerNow (search TT for plans)
Factory R&D P-38 or Boyeson accel pump cover
K&N filter
Storm or ZipTye air (fuel) screw
maybe go 1-2 tooth bigger on the rear

For bashing rocks:
Aluminum disc guards
Utah Sports Cycle bash guard
Ascerbis or Tusk aluminum ribbed handguards

For wear & tear:
O-ring chain
Steel sprockets

For safety:
GPR or Scott's steering stabilizer w/ Renthal Vintage/Desert bar (won't need to change the triple clamp).

• skwerlee

Posted February 21, 2007 - 01:28 PM

For wear & tear:
O-ring chain
Steel sprockets

It’s been my experience that O-ring chains aren't the way to go on a 426f...they stretch them suckers like it's going out of stile. I just switched to the Renthal R1 gold non O-ring chain with a +3 rear sprocket and I love it! Gearing the bike down made a huge difference in the ride ability of the bike as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 21, 2007 - 01:33 PM

Unless you can think of some reason a 426 is more able to stretch chains than a 450 is, how do you explain the Regina ORN-6 sealed chain on my '03, which happens to be over two years old, and has only been adjusted 3 times in that span?

• skwerlee

Posted February 21, 2007 - 02:09 PM

Unless you can think of some reason a 426 is more able to stretch chains than a 450 is, how do you explain the Regina ORN-6 sealed chain on my '03, which happens to be over two years old, and has only been adjusted 3 times in that span?

As I stated in my post... it's been my experience with my chain on my 426f that I'm referring to. I wasn't trying to speak for anyone else.

• Trainwreck450

Posted February 21, 2007 - 03:40 PM

sounds good fellas.... i do thank you for the great suggestions. Exactly what is the rekluse??

• 642MX

Posted February 21, 2007 - 03:53 PM

sounds good fellas.... i do thank you for the great suggestions. Exactly what is the rekluse??

Here is there website. They can explain it better than me. http://www.rekluse.com

• yama426rider

Posted February 21, 2007 - 07:52 PM

If you ride woods run engine ice and 13/52 gearing on the sprockets works great for me the bike goes anywhere and is easy to ride and top end is still good, also i love the 03 cam mod best mod you can do IMO.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.