Pulled the trigger - '07 YZ450

8 replies to this topic
  • TBone_Boston

Posted February 21, 2007 - 10:41 AM

I just wanted to say hello and thanks. After deliberating on a few topics here in this forum I pulled the trigger and picked up an '07 YZ450. (I am the guy wondering about trading the '05 WR450).

It's still cold and icy here in the suburb of Boston but I'm looking forward to getting out there any breaking it in.

For the record, I kept the WR and will just sell it myself in the Spring - and I left the stock suspension and jetting in tact and will reevalute after it's broken in. Although as a 210 pound Vet Novice I suspect I'll be looking at Springs real soon.

Cheers!
Tony

• WB450

Posted February 21, 2007 - 10:43 AM

I just wanted to say hello and thanks. After deliberating on a few topics here in this forum I pulled the trigger and picked up an '07 YZ450. (I am the guy wondering about trading the '05 WR450).

It's still cold and icy here in the suburb of Boston but I'm looking forward to getting out there any breaking it in.

For the record, I kept the WR and will just sell it myself in the Spring - and I left the stock suspension and jetting in tact and will reevalute after it's broken in. Although as a 210 pound Vet Novice I suspect I'll be looking at Springs real soon.

Cheers!
Tony

Your going to love it.

• kyle450rider

Posted February 21, 2007 - 02:21 PM

Cheers!
Tony

Glad you got an awesome bike.I bought mine in october and only have about 10 hours on it.It is by far the best handling bike i've owned.Get an adjustable fuel screw and jet it for your altitude and ride it.Pretty simple.

• Jessthro

Posted February 21, 2007 - 02:46 PM

unless your pounding big whoops or steppin up to some serious launches, the stock suspension should work pretty good. but yea, the adjustable fuel screw is really nice.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TBone_Boston

Posted February 21, 2007 - 05:25 PM

Any hints for an aftermarket fuel screw? Is there a hands down best manufacturer?

Also assuming minimal wrenching skills how long is the install? I assume it only a few minute-mod...

• Jessthro

Posted February 21, 2007 - 06:26 PM

mine is an R&D. is the same thing as the white bros and all the others. i think they all run around $20. to swap it you have to get to the bottom of the carb. i hear you can lay the bike on the side and get to it. after i broke mine in i just removed the rear tire/subframe/shock and pulled the carb out. i went ahead and re jetted it and adjusted everything to my liking. i dont know if you have to do all that but its not that big of a hassle. takes an hour or so. as far as jetting i did the 170/48 combo, fuel screw 2 1/2-3/4 turns out. thats with a uni filter and dr.D exhaust. runs like a champ and took all the decel pop out of the bike.

• YamaHonda

Posted February 21, 2007 - 09:12 PM

Any hints for an aftermarket fuel screw? Is there a hands down best manufacturer?

Also assuming minimal wrenching skills how long is the install? I assume it only a few minute-mod...

Whatever you get - make sure its brass. Don't ask why I know this.

• machweezy

Posted February 21, 2007 - 10:03 PM

TBone, congrats on the new ride. I bought one (07 450)when they were released and I'm loving it ! I'm a 220lb. 30+ vet int. and the stock suspension is good. Compared to my last bike (03 yz250f) it is night and day. The 03 I had to change springs front and rear.

• Kyle Prior

Posted February 21, 2007 - 10:37 PM

The Zip-Ty racing fuel screws seem to be of high quality and very popular.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.