Zip Ty Carb Mod Incomplete?

25 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted February 21, 2007 - 11:45 AM

Yes, and for the sake of truth and clarity, I'm going to allow the double post. Thanks to Big Red for putting that out. It's always unfortunate when a misunderstanding by one or two people unfairly casts a negative shadow over a good effort like this. The facts are the best fix in a case like that. :applause:

• ThompsonV311

Posted February 21, 2007 - 11:48 AM

Ok, lets set teh record straight. People need to be educated on what they are looking at. Before you start talking about things you need to know what they are. In the picture on the zip ty web site it shows a picture of a carb with teh factory pro jet kit installed. The factory pro jet kit comes with a mod for the (MAJ) Major Air jet. That is what that hole is called. With there kit you install that jet into the MAJ and it acts a a venturi. THIS IS NOT PART OF THE ZIP TY CARB MOD. The emulsion tube is inside the carb and that is what the needle slides up and down in and hold the main jet. THAT IS THE EMULSION TUBE. So before people start talking about the parts on a carb you need to know what you are looking at. Zip Ty will not tell you everything that we do as alot of it we do not want to have copied as this industry has a really bad habit of copying other peoples work. You can guess what we do, but we are not going to tell you. I will tell you this. It takes our mechanics over 1 hour to do the carb mod. It also cost us about 15-20 dollars in parts that we install. Now add that up at your mechanic rate and it is well over $100.00. There is alot of miss information out there, so before you start bad mouthing companies for something you obviously know nothing about, listen and learn from people that do. Zip Ty has always tried to give excellent customer service and information. Ty is one of the nicest guys out there and would help out anyone at a race if they needed it. That is the way he is, and if anyone ever has a problem he is willing to fix it. Call zip ty if you have any questions and they would gladly help you.

Steve, When did anybody badmouth ZipTy racing? I have been a Ty Davis fan for years. I have used various Zip Ty parts on many of my bikes, and will continue to use them. This thread was simply to find out if the carb mod did include the (what we now know is the MAJ). It was not meant to badmouth your company at all. I was given bad information, and called you to make sure, and was explained to that my info was incorrect. I am sorry for second guessing you, and thank you for the work you guys did. Yes people do need to be educated with what they are looking at, so lets start with the photo that only shows a completely different mod than what is posted for. The mods are internal so maybe just don't have a pic at all. Less confusion. :applause:

• bigred97

Posted February 21, 2007 - 12:18 PM

All we wanted to do was address the issue and make the corrections. Forums sometime have a tendancy to get out of control, and all we want to do is address the miss information and correct it. We appreciate everyone and only try to do the best we can and want to contribute the best we can for the sport.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WB450

Posted February 21, 2007 - 12:24 PM

All we wanted to do was address the issue and make the corrections. Forums sometime have a tendancy to get out of control, and all we want to do is address the miss information and correct it. We appreciate everyone and only try to do the best we can and want to contribute the best we can for the sport.

My carb will be there Friday!:applause: :applause: :lol:

• Ga426owner

Posted February 21, 2007 - 01:41 PM

Ok, lets set teh record straight. People need to be educated on what they are looking at. Before you start talking about things you need to know what they are. In the picture on the zip ty web site it shows a picture of a carb with teh factory pro jet kit installed. The factory pro jet kit comes with a mod for the (MAJ) Major Air jet. That is what that hole is called. With there kit you install that jet into the MAJ and it acts a a venturi. THIS IS NOT PART OF THE ZIP TY CARB MOD. The emulsion tube is inside the carb and that is what the needle slides up and down in and hold the main jet. THAT IS THE EMULSION TUBE. So before people start talking about the parts on a carb you need to know what you are looking at. Zip Ty will not tell you everything that we do as alot of it we do not want to have copied as this industry has a really bad habit of copying other peoples work. You can guess what we do, but we are not going to tell you. I will tell you this. It takes our mechanics over 1 hour to do the carb mod. It also cost us about 15-20 dollars in parts that we install. Now add that up at your mechanic rate and it is well over $100.00. There is alot of miss information out there, so before you start bad mouthing companies for something you obviously know nothing about, listen and learn from people that do. Zip Ty has always tried to give excellent customer service and information. Ty is one of the nicest guys out there and would help out anyone at a race if they needed it. That is the way he is, and if anyone ever has a problem he is willing to fix it. Call zip ty if you have any questions and they would gladly help you.

Thanks for setting us all straight on this. My misunderstanding of the emulsion tube vs the major Airjet probably caused most of this confusion. I do not believe anyone has spoken negatively about ZipTy Racing. I am sold on this mod for my 06 and that is why my 03 carb was also sent. I will promote things that work for me and that is all I tried to do here. I hope I did not cause any misunderstanding or misguided attempts to falsely promote this mod and I agree your trade secrets are to be kept...secret. Thanks for all your help to me and others on the phone...

David Frankel

• ThumperKid250F

Posted February 21, 2007 - 09:59 PM

well i should be getting my carb back on friday, steve is a awesome guy to deal with, i cant wait to get them back and see how the bikes run..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.