FYI : WC Rad Gaurds v. IMS Tank

2 replies to this topic
  • BFLee

Posted January 18, 2002 - 07:47 AM

While trying to put the IMS 3.2 gallon YZ tank on my WR, I found it neccessary to remove the Works Connection Radiator Gaurds. I tried to work on the gaurds so they could stay on, but by the time I got them to intall togather I felt like the gaurds would impede the airflow through the radiators too much so I took them off. The tank and the gaurds just want to occupy the same space. Does anyone know if the Devol gaurds work well with the IMS tank?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted January 18, 2002 - 08:25 AM

Originally posted by BFLee:
Does anyone know if the Devol gaurds work well with the IMS tank?

They did on my ’00 YZ. They don’t appear to support the radiators against fore to aft movement as much, which is why they don’t get in the way of the tank, but it looks like they would do a better job on side impacts than the WCs, which is what I’m more worried about.

I also have them on my ’01 with Acerbis tank.

Hope this helps.

• SMD

Posted January 18, 2002 - 11:35 AM

I have used the Devol guards now for several years
with the IMS on a 99WR400. No problems, and I highly recomend as they have saved a radiator on
more than one occasion. SMD

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.