Exhaust question

4 replies to this topic
  • Thumper_426

Posted February 20, 2007 - 08:11 PM

I'm getting ready to order my exhaust set up for my '06 WR450F. I'm partial to FMF, but Dr.D and a few others are awesome acording to recent coberage in magazines. I ride mostly wide open trails, some tight trails no track but I like power when needed. Anyone running a FMF Q w/a power bomb header? I've done the free mods minus the AIS kit still. Its still winter here, so I'm getting the bike ready to haul before spring. Oh yeah, I went and looked at the '07 WR450F yesterday that I ordered a few months ago at the dealer, wife said I can get it, but I passed on it. $7299.00 just doesn't sit well w/me.
Mark :applause:

• clark4131

Posted February 20, 2007 - 08:24 PM

I ran the Q2 with a powerbomb for a while and wasn't real impressed. I then threw a Ti Powercore instead of the Q and it really woke up the bike. The problem was the can was prone to damage due to the thin nature of the titanium sheeting on the main portion of the can. Now I'm running a Dr.D with the powerbomb and I couldn't be happier. Confused now? That's what I'm here for...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper_426

Posted February 20, 2007 - 08:55 PM

I thought of running a Dr.D and a FMF Power bomb header also.I was courious though if they were compatable, meaning same size were they meet up together. They must since you didn't mention any issues.Thanks for the reminder.
Mark

• clark4131

Posted February 21, 2007 - 07:12 AM

The two fit together like a thumb in a butt :applause:Posted Image...SC

• trailordune

Posted February 21, 2007 - 09:57 AM

The two fit together like a thumb in a butt :applause:Posted Image...SC

Pretty snug huh? You probably had to use some silicone and wiggle it a little to get it in. :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.