Annual all-TT ride?

16 replies to this topic
  • LarryCO

Posted January 18, 2002 - 06:08 AM

What ever happened regarding that great idea of getting all TTers together for a ride somewhere? Last I heard, Moab was one of the suggestions...and spring was the approx. time. Is anyone coordinating this...or did enthusiasm just sort of drop off?

Just curious...

Larry

• Roostn67

Posted January 18, 2002 - 07:00 AM

I don't know about the entire list but I have a group off the Colorado Trail Riders list going in April 4th-7th to Moab. You are welcome to come with if you want. It should be a blast.

Roostn in Golden
00 YZ426F
96 XR400

• LarryCO

Posted January 18, 2002 - 07:06 AM

Please put me down as being interested. Thanks! I'll mark it in my calendar...

Personal email address is lawrence.b.haynes@att.net when the time comes for more orgainzation...

Later

• Bryan Bosch

Posted January 18, 2002 - 07:08 AM

Originally posted by LarryCO:
What ever happened regarding that great idea of getting all TTers together for a ride somewhere? Last I heard, Moab was one of the suggestions...and spring was the approx. time. Is anyone coordinating this...or did enthusiasm just sort of drop off?

Just curious...

Larry

I don't think enthusiasm dropped off. Steve and I would like to spear-head this, however, in the last few weeks we've just lacked the band-width to work on this. We want to and plan to organize this. Keep bugging us! :)

• MX_Tuner

Posted January 18, 2002 - 08:09 AM

The left side of the country is a bit too far for some of us on the right side of the country.

• LarryCO

Posted January 18, 2002 - 08:40 AM

Without trying to start a whole new thread on this, perhaps TWO different ones would be appropriate...one out east and another out west. I know I'm not all that psyched on meeting halfway and riding in Iowa or something... :) No offense Iowa folks...

Thanks Bryan. I'll check in with ya a bit later this winter. If you'd like some help organizing something out this way (in CO or UT), let me know.

Larry

• SoCalWR426

Posted January 19, 2002 - 11:12 AM

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME!!!

I also prefer Moab, I have 2 non TT'ers pumped up as well as 3 other TT'ers..Let's Ride

SoCal

• blackie

Posted January 19, 2002 - 01:30 PM

You won't hear me complaining about a Moab trip. Let's go!

John

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lil_Bill

Posted January 20, 2002 - 10:40 PM

I know I am not all that excited about a long drive but if it is a set location I guess I can meddle over it for a month or so then just show up. I know I will be happy wherever it will be as long as I am on two knobbies.
lilbill

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 21, 2002 - 01:50 AM

I AM all set for a spring East Coast ThumperTalker get together!!

The Carolina's, Virgina, would be SUPER DUPER!! :)

Tuner, anywhere to ride in GA that can accomodate a "bit" of thumpertalkers?

April 25 - 29 would be optimum for me...!

I AM locked into a schedule and cannot deviate. Plant is shutdown for refueling early May UNTIL mid June! I am on 7 - 12's.

• The_Missile

Posted January 21, 2002 - 02:57 AM

east coast!?? west coast!!??? ....Switzerland is the place to meet up :)

• tripm

Posted January 21, 2002 - 07:06 AM

Missile - I think I'll be there late June early July. Is there a place to rent a decent bike to ride the trails there? Probably bringing my road bicycle anyway.

Mark

[ January 21, 2002: Message edited by: tripm ]

• Stumpy

Posted January 22, 2002 - 03:26 PM

Hey, Kevin, east coasters, or anyone for that matter, y'all can come to South Carolina anytime you want. I've got 2 great public riding areas within an hour and a half of my house, I'm working on a hare scrambles course on some of our property, a friend of mine has several miles of trail and a motorcross track on his property, and another friend has a mile long 14 turn flat motocross track (w/no jumps) on his land. Just let me know a few weeks in advance and I can be ready to show you some Carolina woods.

• LarryCO

Posted January 23, 2002 - 06:44 AM

...and for those westerner folks, I was considering making a track around my massive 0.2 acre property outside of Golden... :)

Must be nice to have some land! They dont believe in that out here for some reason, and build houses right on top of each other. You really need to live way outside of Denver to get that luxury...

• Bill

Posted January 23, 2002 - 04:10 PM

There will be an east coast ride as there was last year. I have not picked the exact date but, it'll be in June.

I'm looking forward to mike68's venison chili and watching Kevin re-jet his bike :) gotta love that air box ehh Kevin :D

We had a great turnout from the north east, hey Kazi, MX tune or any of you southern boys, wanna ride :D

How about the TT administration Bryan H or Bryan B or Steve. You guys can fly into Baltimore and stay for free.

Bill

• ColoradoJim

Posted January 23, 2002 - 04:15 PM

Moab sounds great to me too!! When and where do you guys want to meet.? Are non-blue bikes welcome as well? Lets rock!!

• mcarp

Posted January 24, 2002 - 07:05 AM

Bill-

I'm game for PA again in June. I'm also up for anything in MD, VA, WV, NH, NY, VT, KY, TN or OH.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.