Acerbis tank question, are you there Clark?

7 replies to this topic
  • trailordune

Posted February 20, 2007 - 04:43 PM

Just mounted up a 3.3 Acerbis tank and am very happy with it so far even though it's only .7 gallons bigger than my 04. Very narrow at the seat junction. Question is how did you get the inlet fitting on your carb to line up to the left like it is? I saw the picture doing a search. It looks really good and I have a fairly sharp bend in the last leg of gas line on mine. Also, have you had any problem with the left side petcock breaking? It feels pretty weak. Maybe there's a tougher alternative. Thanks in advance SC and if anyone has other info please chime in! :applause: :applause: :lol:

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 20, 2007 - 05:23 PM

Left side plastic petcock handle breaks off first good crash. I replace it with a Zip Ty Racing fuel petcock knob. perfect fit.:applause:
I would replace the y fitting with a brass T right above the carb inlet and solve that line kink issue.:applause:

Posted Image

• trailordune

Posted February 20, 2007 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the Zip Ty info Indy. Did you just buy the knob or the whole petcock? Maybe the knob and cover since mine looks different. I did use a brass T fitting but on Clark's bike he had either turned the fuel inlet on the carb or pressed in a different one so that it points left toward the petcock.

• clark4131

Posted February 20, 2007 - 07:25 PM

The fuel fitting on my carb rotates freely so I can position it wherever I want :applause:...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 20, 2007 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for the Zip Ty info Indy. Did you just buy the knob or the whole petcock? Maybe the knob and cover since mine looks different. I did use a brass T fitting but on Clark's bike he had either turned the fuel inlet on the carb or pressed in a different one so that it points left toward the petcock.

All you need is the knob and it sells for $23. and remove the 2 screws on the acerbis petcock face and swap out the lever for the knob.:applause:

• trailordune

Posted February 20, 2007 - 08:02 PM

Thanks both of you for the info. I guess they must have changed the fitting on the carb after 04. I'll be calling Zip Ty tomarrow for that knob. Maybe I'll order one of their hot start fittings at the same time. It seems like another easily damaged part.

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 21, 2007 - 11:23 AM

Thanks both of you for the info. I guess they must have changed the fitting on the carb after 04. I'll be calling Zip Ty tomarrow for that knob. Maybe I'll order one of their hot start fittings at the same time. It seems like another easily damaged part.

Yes I have had issues with the hot start plug in the first year, so I got the metal one from Zip Ty and no more issues.:applause:

• chrispy1202

Posted February 22, 2007 - 09:10 PM

I'm not sure if the petcock is the same as the one on my 6.6 Gal tank, but i just cut the overhanging piece of the petcock handle off flush with the bottom of the valve body. If that was to break off, then i would consider buying a $23 knob.
Cheers
Chris.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.