Florida questions regarding blinkers and such...

10 replies to this topic
  • wickedsprint

Posted February 20, 2007 - 03:14 PM

Likely moving back to Florida fairly soon, and curious how my 650R will work, I will already have a street title from wyoming so getting a plate should be ok, but does the bike have to have turn signals? If it does I guess I'll bite the bullet and slap a no kidding baja designs or trick kit on it, but trying to avoid that if possible.

• 2000 xr650r

Posted February 20, 2007 - 07:31 PM

No info here but I would also try to ask this question in both the florida fourm and the dualsport fourm.

• philipstjohn

Posted February 20, 2007 - 08:38 PM

Likely moving back to Florida fairly soon, and curious how my 650R will work, I will already have a street title from wyoming so getting a plate should be ok, but does the bike have to have turn signals? If it does I guess I'll bite the bullet and slap a no kidding baja designs or trick kit on it, but trying to avoid that if possible.

Turn signals are not required in Florida, but the XR650R can not be titled in the state, unless you transfer title as you seem to be doing. I know in some parts of the state, if you get pulled over without all the necessary equipment, it could be trouble. FYI

• wickedsprint

Posted February 20, 2007 - 08:44 PM

Thanks guys, I actually thought I was in the DS forum, my bust. I'll probably go legit as far as DS kits go instead of raising looks with my minimal wyoming equipment.

• dukeryder

Posted February 20, 2007 - 09:17 PM

There's like a million choppers in Florida and most don't have blinkers. I wouldn't sweat it. I lived in Daytona Beach for 6yrs and the cops there didn't pay much attention to bikes (unless it was bikeweek), they're were super leinent there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wickedsprint

Posted February 21, 2007 - 06:02 AM

Duke, that's great news because the area I will be in will be Deland/Daytona.

• slepe67

Posted February 21, 2007 - 07:44 AM

I have 2 f-ing Harleys (FOR SALE:)) no turn signals. Never had a problem with the po-po. FL Law DOES require turn signals. It's either front and no rear, or vise versa. Can't remember. I'll ask today. Again, don't worry about it. Cops don't really care, unless you're acting like a jackass...

• lrutt

Posted February 21, 2007 - 09:47 AM

I was stopped for no mirror on my old Triumph but they didn't get me for sigs. I have several bikes with no signals. I do use the hand signals though pretty regularly on those bikes.

• bork

Posted February 21, 2007 - 07:49 PM

I dont have them either. Not a problem. Check out dixiedualsport.com . We ride some events just west of deland.

• wickedsprint

Posted February 21, 2007 - 08:42 PM

Thanks for the link, I will check it out. I was actually not sure if I wanted to keep my 650R moving to florida, but it seems like there is a fair amount of riding on that side of the state. I went to school in tampa and we did not have much.

• dukeryder

Posted February 23, 2007 - 07:21 PM

The riding won't be like it is in Wyoming; but IMO the XR650R would be perfect for the "Off-Roading" in Central FL and having a Plate will give you tons of places to ride that regular "Dirt Bikes" can't go.

There's the OCALA National Forest & Tiger Bay WMA right there and between the 2 there's probably hundereds of miles of Dirt Roads, Fire Trails and a couple ATV and DirtBike specific "trails". It's really Sandy and mostly wide trails which is why I say that the XRR is a good bike (Fast and Stable).

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.