No jet kit, no 3X3 mod? 2002 drz400S

4 replies to this topic
  • nm_longsho

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:42 PM

Someone responed to a thread that I started and stated that without a "jet kit" then don't mess with the 3X3 mod. Can someone confirm that the 3X3 provides no help without the kit?!?!

So I looked at the DJ jet kit and was amazed that it was $72. Jets are cheap! Why the high price for this kit?

A standard #10 OEM needle is $8.50 the kit may have a non-standard taper, but c'mon. Even if the machining was double $$$ for the custom taper that kit should still be a bunch less.

Is something else included? :applause:

Thanks,

-f-

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Eddie Sisneros

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:49 AM

Someone responed to a thread that I started and stated that without a "jet kit" then don't mess with the 3X3 mod. Can someone confirm that the 3X3 provides no help without the kit?!?!

So I looked at the DJ jet kit and was amazed that it was $72. Jets are cheap! Why the high price for this kit?

A standard #10 OEM needle is $8.50 the kit may have a non-standard taper, but c'mon. Even if the machining was double $$$ for the custom taper that kit should still be a bunch less.

Is something else included? :applause:

Thanks,

-f-

comes with multiple main jets,adjustable needle and slide spring.

i dont make any money from selling any kit,so i have no reason to try and justify it to you.

do not cut the 3x3 hole if you do not want to rejet.

• nm_longsho

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:41 PM

Thanks! But one clarification...

What if I want to re-jet but just buy the main and pilot jets without the "kit"? Any benefit from a 3X3?

-f-

• carycjc

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:50 PM

The jetting kits come with a new needle that has different clip postions, the stock needle only has one clip postion. So if you do the 3x3 and go richer on the pilot and main jet you will be lean in the middle when the needle comes into play because you cannot make the needle richer.

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:42 AM

Thanks! But one clarification...

What if I want to re-jet but just buy the main and pilot jets without the "kit"? Any benefit from a 3X3?

-f-

it will make more peak power,but will suffer from a lean needle.

imho unless you doit correctly,you should leave it alone.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.