well i went to change the oil today and look what i found....

5 replies to this topic
  • ____Kurt____

Posted February 19, 2007 - 06:54 PM

i was going to change the oil and i was going to change the filter too and i drained the oil and it was the first time i changed it. i have only ridden it for about 1-3 hours total. i should of changed the oil right as i picked it up but i haven't owned a big bike in 1 1/2 yrs so i rode it for a little bit first. anyway back on topic. right as i took the filter cover off i saw blue anno. i was like
so i was like sweet, i don't ever have to replace this:p so i cleaned it with carb cleaner and popped it back in. and i cleaned my twin air filter. it looked like it white lithium greece comming out of it after trying to clean it. was that because thats what the twin air oil is? i was using PJ cleaner or sumtin and oil.

the one on the left is a brand new K&N one that i had prepared to put in it.
Posted Image

• Brumy 55

Posted February 19, 2007 - 07:07 PM

Not so sure about your problem but i do have a word of warning about k and n airfilters. One of my buddies who races said that K&N had a bad habit of letting minute dust particles get through and the particles going to the carb and gumming up your carb. But it is just a suggestion and a good alternative would be to buy and airfilter like a UNI.

• hall1012

Posted February 19, 2007 - 07:26 PM

Not so sure about your problem but i do have a word of warning about k and n airfilters. One of my buddies who races said that K&N had a bad habit of letting minute dust particles get through and the particles going to the carb and gumming up your carb. But it is just a suggestion and a good alternative would be to buy and airfilter like a UNI.

he's talking about a K&N OIL filter. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ____Kurt____

Posted February 19, 2007 - 07:40 PM

lol thanks brumy for the warning about K&N air filters lol. like Hall said, i was talking about the oil filter :applause: but yea i have a Twin Air and im thinking about getting a UNI

• SXP

Posted February 19, 2007 - 08:10 PM

Those two filters don't look the same size! What brand is the blue anodized filter?

• Smokeslider

Posted February 19, 2007 - 09:23 PM

I get the same smutz when I clean my filters, I believe it's the grease that is put on the face of the air filter seal against the air box, just my 2 cents..

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.