650R: sidepanel airbox holes?

7 replies to this topic
  • drzoomn

Posted February 19, 2007 - 05:46 PM

hey so is there anything special you need to do when doing these hole? my bike is jetted pretty well right now, but the previous moron had drilled holes in top the airbox (thus sucking unfiltered air), and i wanted to plug those, but keep the overall flow the same since the jetting was working really well. i figured i could measure the area of those hole, then cover them and open up the same area on the side.

sound good or dumb? anything special you need to add to the side holes? extra filtering or screens?

cheers
droo

• porterdog

Posted February 19, 2007 - 06:38 PM

previous moron

That is funny as hell.

Your idea sounds great- do it just like that but check your jetting afterwards to make sure. Heck- mebbe you can get more power with more sidepanel hole area.

• XR4DEZ

Posted February 19, 2007 - 06:57 PM

There's a subframe and airbox going cheap on Ebay now.

• dezracerE

Posted February 19, 2007 - 07:49 PM

Fill the holes with latex silicone.
Check 1x International, Precision Concepts, or XR's Only for the side cover with screened holes already cutout. You can buy a replacement side cover or make your own with heavy duty stainless or alum mesh and rivits.
Works great but requires cleaning more often.
Wish I could upload a photo of mine but I cannot post attachments yet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AngryShawn

Posted February 19, 2007 - 09:39 PM

I have a complete stock airbox w/backfire screen and filter that I was going to put on ebay shortly. If you want it, let me know and we can talk details....
Cheers
Shawn

• Baja Rudy

Posted February 19, 2007 - 09:41 PM

I have a fearly new airbox for sale. I also have new number plates with holes/screen available. PM for price and pictures

rudy

• XR4DEZ

Posted February 19, 2007 - 10:19 PM

I have a fearly new airbox for sale. I also have new number plates with holes/screen available. PM for price and pictures

rudy

Have a buddy that's bought stuff from Baja Rudy, no problems, good parts and fair prices.

• drzoomn

Posted February 19, 2007 - 11:23 PM

thanks for the parts offers, but i'm actually selling the bike and don't want to spend any more than i have to on it. i just thought it was running pretty good with the extra holes he had. maybe i'll just plug them up and see how it runs.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.