how do u run your fuel line 06 450 IMS tank

13 replies to this topic
  • ThumperKid250F

Posted February 19, 2007 - 05:45 PM

hey guys well i got my ims tank for my 06 yz 450 and my fuel line isent the right lengh so if someone can post pic of your 06 yz450 with the ims fuel tank that wouldbe great.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted February 19, 2007 - 07:05 PM

nvm guys i did a search and i found a pic of it, its not that good but it worked for me..

thanks

• OcotilloBound

Posted February 20, 2007 - 04:51 PM

What did you do? At first I did the reverse petcock thing, but I got sick of that, you can't hardly turn it because it's too difficult to get any leverage, and you can't see if it's off or on. So I went out and bought a 14" section of fuel line and flipped it around frontways and ran the line back. I put a cable tie around it and tied it to the clutch cable just so it wouldn't be loose. Has worked perfectly ever since. Plus it's clear fuel line I used, you can see if there are any contamination issues or how well it's flowing. It's close to the back end of the cylinder case, but not close enough to melt it or heat the fuel up.

• grayracer513

Posted February 20, 2007 - 05:21 PM

Use the petcock from an '03-5. The fuel outlet faces the other way.

• tmauto69

Posted February 22, 2007 - 03:55 PM

Use the petcock from an '03-5. The fuel outlet faces the other way.

That or get one for a WR '03-06 and you gain a reserve capability as well. Actually that is the same petcock for a number of years/bikes TT-R, WR. The part number is 2GU-24500-02-00 retail is around $20 from your local yamaha dealer. It fits the IMS tank perfect and turns the outlet around to face the back of the bike. Thats what I put on mine.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted February 22, 2007 - 08:09 PM

That or get one for a WR '03-06 and you gain a reserve capability as well. Actually that is the same petcock for a number of years/bikes TT-R, WR. The part number is 2GU-24500-02-00 retail is around $20 from your local yamaha dealer. It fits the IMS tank perfect and turns the outlet around to face the back of the bike. Thats what I put on mine.

i just got the 05 one and it fits perfect so now i dont have to run a super long hose :applause:

damn i love this website

• Stevequest2000

Posted February 22, 2007 - 10:54 PM

My stock fuel line worked.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TotallyMetal

Posted February 26, 2007 - 12:24 PM

If any of you have an '06 petcock you aren't using because you switched tanks. I need one for the right side of my Clarke tank. I'll give ya 5 bucks for it.

• OcotilloBound

Posted February 26, 2007 - 12:32 PM

If any of you have an '06 petcock you aren't using because you switched tanks. I need one for the right side of my Clarke tank. I'll give ya 5 bucks for it.

Oh, you are certainly an optimist. Try $25 and you might get some bites. Have you priced these from the dealer? They aren't $5, I can tell you that. They are a hell of a lot more. Typical ripoff OEM pricing, the things cost $5 to make if that.

• TotallyMetal

Posted February 27, 2007 - 09:51 AM

Oh, you are certainly an optimist. Try $25 and you might get some bites. Have you priced these from the dealer? They aren't $5, I can tell you that. They are a hell of a lot more. Typical ripoff OEM pricing, the things cost $5 to make if that.

If I had a used petcock lying around the garage that I wasn't using I would be happy to get 5 bucks out of it... Yes I am an optimist, and I know what they are going for new.:applause:

• tmauto69

Posted February 28, 2007 - 05:44 PM

eh, new it is $30.17 retail, and the part # is 4JT-24500-10-00, so no they are not really a "ripoff" so to speak. :applause:
And to the other guy wanting one, you can't have mine as I leave it on the stock tank so I can switch tanks without spilling gas all over the place.

• grayracer513

Posted March 01, 2007 - 08:47 AM

eh, new it is $30.17 retail, and the part # is 4JT-24500-10-00, so no they are not really a "ripoff" so to speak.

Well, since the '03/'04 petcock (4DP-24500-00-00) retails for $16.49, and is the same damn thing, more or less, with a hole on the opposite side, then I think there's some room to criticize the pricing scheme, don't you?

• garnettc

Posted March 01, 2007 - 11:27 AM

the IMS instructions actually say to turn the petcock around. The stock line works, its exactly the right length. plus the petcock is a little more protected since it faces inside. no need to go out and buy all new stuff.

• grayracer513

Posted March 01, 2007 - 11:33 AM

the IMS instructions actually say to turn the petcock around. The stock line works, its exactly the right length. plus the petcock is a little more protected since it faces inside. no need to go out and buy all new stuff.

Yes, they do say that, but as mentioned, it's not a hit with everyone:

What did you do? At first I did the reverse petcock thing, but I got sick of that, you can't hardly turn it because it's too difficult to get any leverage, and you can't see if it's off or on.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.