new pipe

17 replies to this topic
  • ltrosson

Posted February 19, 2007 - 02:45 PM

I have an 06 450, time for a new pipe I have it narrowed down o the Dr. D or White Bro's aluminum pro, just those two. now for the advice , which one and why?

• Ga450owner

Posted February 19, 2007 - 04:07 PM

I have had both DRD and WB AlumPro2. I prefer the power of the WB. It is increased everywhere:thumbsup:

• ThumperKid250F

Posted February 19, 2007 - 06:02 PM

i just orderd the Dr.D and it seems like one of the best pipes out there for the yamaha..

ill post pic when it comes in

• kawirider

Posted February 20, 2007 - 03:51 AM

I have a Dr.D and I really like it. It suits me well because it gives me a LOT more low-mid and a smidge more up top.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 21, 2007 - 10:34 PM

I have used a DR. D on my 06. It was awesome and affordable. Who would know more about the Yamaha than Dubach?

• ThumperKid250F

Posted February 22, 2007 - 08:13 PM

well i just put my header on tonight ( waiting for my carbs from zipty racing, should be here tomrrow or sat) and it fit great, i looks like a great system

• m4crampt

Posted February 22, 2007 - 08:18 PM

Just got my Dr D pipe/ header yesterday, can't wait to try it out. I've heard good things about it, and I only paid 379$ for it.

• twenty34

Posted February 22, 2007 - 08:34 PM

Just got my Dr D pipe/ header yesterday, can't wait to try it out. I've heard good things about it, and I only paid 379$ for it.

From?

Thanks!

• grayracer513

Posted February 22, 2007 - 09:43 PM

Check the TT store price. Should be close to that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • twenty34

Posted February 22, 2007 - 10:02 PM

Check the TT store price. Should be close to that.

I wish it was GR. I'd buy it, if so. I won't quote it here.

• Ranger18

Posted February 23, 2007 - 07:58 AM

I've seen more people at the track running the Dr.D pipe. It's too bad you narrowed it down to only those two pipes, because I have a pipe that costs less and is equally as good. For the sake of this thread I won't name names, but you can check my garage if you want to know more.:applause:

• grayracer513

Posted February 23, 2007 - 09:28 AM

The Dr.D is popular for all the right reasons:

It's reasonably priced, is very well made, works very well, and is solidly backed up by its manufacturer. That's a combo that's hard to beat or argue with.

The pipe that Ranger is referring to is by MRD (google it). They sell off-the-shelf pipes, but will custom build for you to an extent, and are also priced attractively. They will actually replace it for you if you crash it, which is certainly beyond the call. If you search the forum, you can find more.

I can't recommend it, but only because I have no experience with it to go by, but others seem to like them.

• jwidd

Posted February 25, 2007 - 09:40 AM

I just installed my Dr. D and rode it for the first time yesterday on my 06 450. The most noticeable thing for me was the throttle response. Much quicker, the mid range was always great, but felt enhanced as well.

Was a little disapointed that it was loud as it was. Not extreme, but not near as quite as stock.

I do need to jump up a size on my pilot jet as well. Overall, very happy with my choice.

• 06 yz450f

Posted February 26, 2007 - 12:48 PM

I have the wb aluminum pro2 exhaust for my 06yz450f and it really works awesome.

• ____Kurt____

Posted February 26, 2007 - 05:11 PM

if the Dr.D didn't have such a ugly end cap i would buy it. i hear it is really good but i think i will go with the White Brothers Alluminum Pro for my '07 450

• Jessthro

Posted February 26, 2007 - 05:45 PM

if the Dr.D didn't have such a ugly end cap i would buy it. i hear it is really good but i think i will go with the White Brothers Alluminum Pro for my '07 450

ugly end cap? hardly a reason to not by an exhaust. i run the dr. d on my 07 and really like it. with jetting and a filter it really gave it a nice bottom and really solid midrange all the while staying totally rideable. ive crashed it 4 times hard too and no dents, so its durable to boot.

• ____Kurt____

Posted February 26, 2007 - 05:54 PM

well i mean it is a really crappy excuse not to buy it lol, but the allum. pro is really hot and i hear it has a crap load of power gain and throttle responce. i'll see when i get the bike. i'll diagnose it and perscribe the exhuast needed :applause:

• buzzgrizz

Posted February 26, 2007 - 05:56 PM

I have the dr.d on my bike and love it. You are kind of right about the end cap, but i do think they are coming out with a new one.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.