Use an XR650R Carb on an XR600??

1 reply to this topic
  • icedfusion

Posted February 19, 2007 - 02:35 PM

I have been trying to sort out the carb on my XR600 - however, at the moment I am having difficulty extracting a headless bolt that holds on the float bowl in order to clean the jets.

Now I was wondering, could I use an XR650R carb on the XR600?? If so, would i have to perform a complete rejet?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • creeky

Posted February 19, 2007 - 03:21 PM

I tried a 650R carb on a stock XR600 a few years ago. The bike ran very well mid range and top end, some low end grunt and low engine speed throttle response was sacrificed. The stock carb works pretty good when it is jetted right, but the best thing to do for the 600 is to install an Edelbrock carb.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.