650L- backfires- wont idle without choke on

3 replies to this topic
  • TahomaTom

Posted February 19, 2007 - 02:08 PM

With the nice weather here this weekend I was going to go for a ride but the L was out of gas. I filled it up and it starts right away but it wont idle without the choke on. ( I filled a 1 gallan -started no problem- and than drove to fill it completely)

It runs ok with no choke but has a little backfire if I leave it on. When I come to a stop sign I need to open the choke 1/4 to 1/2 way or else it dies.

I checked the plugs and the airfilter but they were good.

The only other problem that I am aware of is that my clutch cable is frayed. It has been like that for a while now and has never been a problem. Would it make a differance?

It is a 94, jetted, piped, smog removed. I put a new CDI in about 5 months ago.

Any ideas what could be my problem. In ran fine about two weeks ago when I parked it.

• creeky

Posted February 19, 2007 - 03:23 PM

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem, maybe dirty/clogged jets. Check the petcock for adequate fuel delivery to the carb.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JackAttack

Posted February 19, 2007 - 03:42 PM

This dude has the same problem. :applause:

• TahomaTom

Posted February 19, 2007 - 04:14 PM

Sorry I posted twice- I did not see the oringal come up so I poted a second time.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.