2007 WR450 !!! Great bike !!!

29 replies to this topic
  • sts475

Posted February 18, 2007 - 09:18 AM

:moon: :ride: :eek: :applause: :applause: :applause: :censored: :ride: :lol:
I just got a new WR450F. WOW what a great bike ! It is very user friendly and does almost everything great and very little wrong. It tracks better than anything that I have ridden for a long time and steers really well !!! Plus , it's smaller and I can reach the ground no problem !!! I'm stoked !!! I'm looking forward to riding it as much as possible !!!! I recommend it to all !!!

Have a nice day !!!

Go Riding !!!

STS.

• SXP

Posted February 18, 2007 - 11:11 AM

:moon: :ride: :eek: :applause: :applause: :applause: :censored: :ride: :lol:
I just got a new WR450F. WOW what a great bike ! It is very user friendly and does almost everything great and very little wrong. It tracks better than anything that I have ridden for a long time and steers really well !!! Plus , it's smaller and I can reach the ground no problem !!! I'm stoked !!! I'm looking forward to riding it as much as possible !!!! I recommend it to all !!!

Have a nice day !!!

Go Riding !!!

STS.

No $hite Mr STS:D :ride:

I guess you will be spending a lot more time in this forum now - looking fwd to your smart a$$ one-liners:D

• MountainMax

Posted February 18, 2007 - 11:30 AM

Glad to hear, but it's smaller? smaller then what? what have you driven before?

• WR 911

Posted February 18, 2007 - 12:10 PM

Go forth and enjoy the new gift from the thumper Gods (Yamaha) grasshopper.
Doing the bull dance; feel the flow.

• Paradiddle

Posted February 18, 2007 - 09:57 PM

Had a great day riding with ya STS!:applause:

See ya again soon, say hi to the Mrs.,

Lynn

• sts475

Posted February 19, 2007 - 08:01 AM

:applause: :lol: :cry: :applause: :eek: :p :cry:

I'm sorry, I was punished and abused as a child.........

It is smaller than the 525 exc that I had.

Have a Nice Day !!!

Go Riding !!!

STS.

ps. Thanks Lynn !!!

• SXP

Posted February 19, 2007 - 08:07 AM

:lol: :cry: :cry: :applause: :p :p :eek:

I'm sorry, I was punished and abused as a child.........

Aww :applause: ...but don't apologize, just keep em coming...:p

BTW, where do you live/ride?

• dangermouse007

Posted February 19, 2007 - 09:03 AM

First ride today on the 07 ... all i can say is :applause: me.. that bike moves and handles so so so so so well.. had a 2003 ... but you could not put them in the same park so so so different... what is the main great feature is it has some much bottom end.... don't get me wrong 2003-2006 are all great bikes but you can see and feel the changes from 2003 to 2007...

Great Bike...:applause: :lol: :cry: :cry: :eek:

• sts475

Posted February 20, 2007 - 07:45 PM

Unfortunate update..........

I found out after riding it for 5 or 6 hours that the air filter cage was never changed and it sucked dirt into the motor the whole time. There is no way I'm going to accept the F**ked up bike scenario. I took it back and told them that the only thing that I would accept is a brand new WR450F that did not have dirt go through the motor. I have a call into my attorney. The new Motor Vehicle Board is helping me too. I have a feeling this is going to go the distance.

Just what I needed.....

Oh Well..........

Good luck !

STS.

• sts475

Posted February 20, 2007 - 07:52 PM

Ditto for me Mr Lynn !

Most likely riding the Honda next week......

C-Ya Then !

STS.

Had a great day riding with ya STS!:applause:

See ya again soon, say hi to the Mrs.,

Lynn

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR 911

Posted February 20, 2007 - 08:12 PM

After riding about 150 miles I found out I had a hole in my filter too, but I never sucked in dirt because I was always in front! :applause:
Good luck! :applause:

• msgbean

Posted February 21, 2007 - 11:24 AM

After riding about 150 miles I found out I had a hole in my filter too, but I never sucked in dirt because I was always in front! :applause:

So you are saying your filter was absolutley clean when you took it out? Right.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted February 21, 2007 - 06:09 PM

Unfortunate update..........

I found out after riding it for 5 or 6 hours that the air filter cage was never changed and it sucked dirt into the motor the whole time. There is no way I'm going to accept the F**ked up bike scenario. I took it back and told them that the only thing that I would accept is a brand new WR450F that did not have dirt go through the motor. I have a call into my attorney. The new Motor Vehicle Board is helping me too. I have a feeling this is going to go the distance.

Just what I needed.....

Oh Well..........

Good luck !

STS.

This is rather unfortunate. But if the bike still, runs and runs good, why would they replace it?

I don't know how much dirt got in the motor, but how much harm did it do?

I do understand the principle of what you are saying, but you could be in for a long fight.

I would remove the carb and clean it well, clean the intake and everything near it. Then I'd change the oil and filter, refill, run for a while and then change again. If it still runs like a new bike then you might as well go out and ride it.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Where did you buy it?

• sts475

Posted February 23, 2007 - 07:49 AM

That's what you think. check out www.centriprecleaner.com/cfmspecs.html and www.afefilters.com/pg7.htm. The possibility that there has been damage done to each and every Yamaha that ran with the wrong cage is greater than not. The average person is not aware of how much. I know how much damage this can cause and that's why I'm so upset about it.

STS.

• sts475

Posted February 23, 2007 - 08:22 AM

Hi there !

Thanks for your response !

I am not going to repair the bike at all. What you have to consider here is that I went into a Yamaha dealer in good faith to buy a 2007 WR450F free of defects in materials and workmanship. This I did not receive. Through no fault of my own, my motorcycle has lost undetermined value and longevity because of a mistake/ flaw from the manufacturer. I have lost more than the usual depreciation and expected life of the bike.

The dealer was aware of and forgot to do the recall. I don't think it is fair that I should take this loss, again through no fault of my own. I will not say where I bought it out of respect for the dealer to have the opportunity to make good on the problem and not cause them any bad publicity or loss.

Out of all of the worst conditions that damage engines, the 3 worst are loss of coolant / overheating, loss of oil or lubrication, and dirt or foreign material entering the engine through the intake tract. It is my opinion that this is pretty near a worst case scenario and it's only coincidence that I became aware of it when I did and kept that engine from being damaged worse.

It's the fine dust that you can barely see that does the worst damage. It mixes with the oil and does damage to other parts of the engine than the top end and it embeds in the metal and continues to do damage through out the engine life. Check out the links in my other post.

I am not going to roll over and play dead. I want a 2007 WR450F that did not have dirt go through the engine and I'm going to use every resource at my disposal to obtain that or I want the money back to go buy one that didn't have dirt go through it.

If it ends up that I have to accept this loss, Yamaha has lost a customer for life.

Thanks Again !

STS.

This is rather unfortunate. But if the bike still, runs and runs good, why would they replace it?

I don't know how much dirt got in the motor, but how much harm did it do?

I do understand the principle of what you are saying, but you could be in for a long fight.

I would remove the carb and clean it well, clean the intake and everything near it. Then I'd change the oil and filter, refill, run for a while and then change again. If it still runs like a new bike then you might as well go out and ride it.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Where did you buy it?

• WGP

Posted February 23, 2007 - 10:23 AM

Ditto for me Mr Lynn !

Most likely riding the Honda next week......

C-Ya Then !

STS.

I feel your pain....BUT.....how would you feel if you bought a Brand New Honda 450 and the the valve train is trash at 500 miles or your tranny blows at 1000 miles?

Good luck with your efforts.....Its a bad thing that happened for sure. But that why there is thumpertalk :applause:
How about all the people out there that still don't know :applause:

• sts475

Posted February 24, 2007 - 07:40 AM

Hi there !

I rode nothing but Honda's for years. When the Unicam engine came out and I took a good look at it, I suspected it would have problems and it has. I don't know what Honda's trip is with strange valve train configurations but they do not work for me. I bought an 1985 RFVC bike and cooked the top end short order. I went back to the Honda 2 strokes and have been on them ever since until I bought my first KTM in 2005, and never had any problems. I still have a 2000 cr250 that I ride when all of my other bikes are down. With the 2 stroke days waning and the cost of repairing 4 strokes being high, it's imperative that you pick a 4 stroke that is going to last. The Unicam engine has not shown the reliability that other Honda's have.

Unfortunate..

I feel for you....

Good Luck !

STS.

QUOTE=WGP;4415578]I feel your pain....BUT.....how would you feel if you bought a Brand New Honda 450 and the the valve train is trash at 500 miles or your tranny blows at 1000 miles?

Good luck with your efforts.....Its a bad thing that happened for sure. But that why there is thumpertalk :applause:
How about all the people out there that still don't know :applause:[/QUOTE]

• 1BLUEsky

Posted February 24, 2007 - 09:36 AM

I hope you win.Companies and dealers need to know people arent going to put up with inferior products just because they're for recreational/race use.Good Luck!

• Derwud

Posted February 24, 2007 - 04:42 PM

Hi there !

Thanks for your response !

I am not going to repair the bike at all. What you have to consider here is that I went into a Yamaha dealer in good faith to buy a 2007 WR450F free of defects in materials and workmanship. This I did not receive. Through no fault of my own, my motorcycle has lost undetermined value and longevity because of a mistake/ flaw from the manufacturer. I have lost more than the usual depreciation and expected life of the bike.

The dealer was aware of and forgot to do the recall. I don't think it is fair that I should take this loss, again through no fault of my own. I will not say where I bought it out of respect for the dealer to have the opportunity to make good on the problem and not cause them any bad publicity or loss.

Out of all of the worst conditions that damage engines, the 3 worst are loss of coolant / overheating, loss of oil or lubrication, and dirt or foreign material entering the engine through the intake tract. It is my opinion that this is pretty near a worst case scenario and it's only coincidence that I became aware of it when I did and kept that engine from being damaged worse.

It's the fine dust that you can barely see that does the worst damage. It mixes with the oil and does damage to other parts of the engine than the top end and it embeds in the metal and continues to do damage through out the engine life. Check out the links in my other post.

I am not going to roll over and play dead. I want a 2007 WR450F that did not have dirt go through the engine and I'm going to use every resource at my disposal to obtain that or I want the money back to go buy one that didn't have dirt go through it.

If it ends up that I have to accept this loss, Yamaha has lost a customer for life.

Thanks Again !

STS.

Which dealer did you get your bike from?

• sts475

Posted February 25, 2007 - 11:03 AM

Hi There !

It seems that alot of people want to know where I got the bike. I can not go there right now because of the ethics of giving the dealer the benefit of the doubt and opening myself up to counter issues if litigation results. I can't tell you how much I wish that I had read more of the wr450 forum because I would have known about the cage and made sure it was replaced on my bike.

I can tell you that I am not getting much progress with the dealer or the manufacturer right now and I am going to have my oil filter and oil tested for silica content and if it is above acceptable levels, I am going forward with legal recourse.

Between the Husky and the Yamaha this winter, I am thinking that buying the KTM 525 exc would have been the better move. After this is all said and done I may sell the pair of them and just get one KTM. KTM stands behind their product 100 %. I thought the Japanese manufacturers would be better than the European manufacturers but obviously I am mistaken. It is a sad state of affairs in the industry that these kind of things are going on and how the manufacturers react......

Oh Well........

STS.

Which dealer did you get your bike from?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.