What is the best chain for 07 YZ450?

7 replies to this topic
  • H 17 Racing

Posted February 17, 2007 - 08:31 PM

I just bought a 07 YZ450 and I was wondering what the best chain would be for the money. Should I also change the sprockets also, I am not sure if they are cheap to. Thanks

• bubby6

Posted February 17, 2007 - 08:33 PM

nope just the chain
renthal or did

• dwnlowx

Posted February 17, 2007 - 08:36 PM

renthal r1 gold oring chain ive had mine for a year now its great hasnot moved at all

• Bigcr

Posted February 17, 2007 - 09:15 PM

I'm running the new DID "t" ring on mine. After 3 track days it hasn't moved at all.:censored:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 18, 2007 - 12:38 AM

Dirty Little Secret: The Renthal Gold R1 is actually a Regina ORN-6 with custom outer plates. The Regina is $15-20 cheaper however, and is my favorite. I believe they run freer than the DID chains. I've had the same one on my '03 now for over two years, and it's still OK.

I put one on the '06 the day I got it home last June, and I didn't readjust it for the first time until January. Incredible chain.

If you get the chain on the OEM sprockets before they are worn and damaged by the stock chain, they hold up quite well.

• witdogg

Posted February 18, 2007 - 12:42 AM

I'm running the new DID "t" ring on mine. After 3 track days it hasn't moved at all.:censored:

DID's are great. I have a DID 0-ring and love it.

• H 17 Racing

Posted February 18, 2007 - 08:25 AM

I am glad the sprockets dont need replaced. Thanks for all the info

Posted February 18, 2007 - 08:36 AM

The D.I.D Chains are awesome, the renthals do have a tendency to strecth, they make good sprockets though...:censored:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.