Posted January 17, 2002 - 05:10 AM
any problems that i may run into! my other bike is an xr650r but it is far too heavy for my riding,(racing enduro and playriding at the mx track!) I know the bike is good for enduro, but is it any good for mx? (I know it´s not a mx bike, but anyway....) Is there any "must do" things about the bike?
Posted January 17, 2002 - 05:25 AM
- grey wire, if applicable
- YZ timing
- rejetting (free-ish)
- bk mod (APJ timing)
- ACV Mod (Deoctpussing for 01 and 02) cant remember how its referred to but search on ACV (Air Cut Valve)
- make sure bearings are well greased apparently they come somwhat dry from the factory. Is it new or second hand...bears checking anyway!
- raise the forks (better steering)
Other Popular Mods
- header exhaust
- tall/short seat depending on how vertically challenged you are (or not as is probably the case if you are swedish!)
- seat/tank (but sounds like thats no problem)
- steering stabiliser...
- do I really need to go on....
Use the search function to get to "how tos" on the various issues.
Oh yeah, welcome
Posted January 17, 2002 - 06:22 AM
Welcome to the Forum....