80's CR500 steering stem?

4 replies to this topic
  • EMathy

Posted February 17, 2007 - 08:51 AM

Hey guys!

We're beginning a project with my 94 XR600 that involves a fork swap. Does anyone know if the steering stem from a early 80's CR500 is the same as the 90's XR600? The running theory is that alot of the 80's CR parts were rolled into the 90's XR.

A friend has a spare CR500 stem he'll give me for the transplant. It's just a question of if it will work. :censored:

Thanks!
- Erik

• daddyk

Posted February 17, 2007 - 09:23 AM

This might be helpful. I don't know about earlier stems
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=403673

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • EMathy

Posted February 17, 2007 - 12:22 PM

Yeah...I'd seen that one. The only difference between that equation and mine is that my XR is a '94. I know there were a fair number of changes on the XR600 once they hit the early 90's. I think '93 was the year things got different but don't quote me.

Hopefully if it doesn't work straight out, it should be close enough to...well...make work. :censored:

Thanks!
- Erik

• daddyk

Posted February 17, 2007 - 12:50 PM

I have an 89 and a 94 also,I was checking Bike Bandits parts schematic and they showed the same part numbers for bearings and steering stem for those years. For what its worth.

• EMathy

Posted February 19, 2007 - 10:05 AM

Ahhh! I was looking at the Ron Ayers website...they don't have fiche for the XR600 or older CR500's. I'll have to remember to go to Bike Bandit next time.

Thanks!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.