I need a new headlight lens!

9 replies to this topic
  • Lil_Bill

Posted January 16, 2002 - 06:08 PM

Hey does anyone know where I can get a new lens for my bike 2000 WR400F. I have been running an Acerbis replacement but the output sucks compared to stock.

• fershy

Posted January 16, 2002 - 07:21 PM

That Acerbis headlight is probably only running a 35 watt halogen H4. The stock WR assembly is a 55/60W. Why not try that bulb in your Acerbis first? I believe the head light lens is not avaiable separately from Yamaha.
fershy
long live Walter Healy...
may he ride the heavens in peace

• Lil_Bill

Posted January 16, 2002 - 07:34 PM

Fershy, I don't know what wattage the lamps are but they are not your standard H4 lamp. They are some funky lamp that you can buy for track lighting like in a house. You can get both flood or spot but they are not equivalent to the stock headlight.
lilbill
My stock one still works but it fell prey to roost at a poker run!

• YAMAKAZE

Posted January 17, 2002 - 03:15 AM

You can contact Baja Designs and get their Kit, I recommend the removeable set. or you can spend $117. for the original from Yamaha. They don't sell just the lens...you get the whole housing - bulb.

Bonzai :)

• fershy

Posted January 17, 2002 - 03:28 AM

Ah lil Bill,That is a problem. Perhaps you can find someone that is willing to part with their headlight?
I use a product developed by 3M that sticks right to the outside of the lens. It is about a 20mm clear film that absorbs the roast nicely. You can find it at specialty automotive shops designed specifically for this purpose. And it beats those ugly wire cages that fit over the outside.
fershy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KerryT

Posted January 17, 2002 - 06:25 AM

I have the full lens assembly with bulb from a '99 WR400. That should fit. I trashed the blue plastic shroud around it but the Lens and all is in perfect condition. Make an offer and I'll part with it.

• Ron_S

Posted January 17, 2002 - 07:21 AM

I need the housing, everything else is good. Tree at 20 mph.

• Guy

Posted January 17, 2002 - 07:56 AM

Originally posted by KerryT:
I have the full lens assembly with bulb from a '99 WR400. That should fit. I trashed the blue plastic shroud around it but the Lens and all is in perfect condition. Make an offer and I'll part with it.

Errm, I wouldn,t mind buying that headlight off you, it's just a case of the carriage to the UK, Mine took a rock, but my outside is fine, would you be interested in shipping to the UK ?

• Ronin

Posted January 18, 2002 - 06:54 AM

lil bill,
I have a lens off of a 01 wr426, if you want it drop me a note. just pay me for the shipping and whatever you decide it is worth to you and you can have it.

later,
ronin

• pgdirtman

Posted January 19, 2002 - 04:57 AM

If he dosen't I will. I'm in NC. I also pm'd you.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.