WR/YZ 426 Plastics swap

2 replies to this topic
  • ISBB

Posted February 16, 2007 - 10:10 AM

So here I am balllls deep in a plastics conversion... I got these fancy new fenders, fancy new YZ tank, fancy SDG Gripper seat, i get down to the shrouds and for some damn reason they dont fit. So im just hoping that i got a bad bunch from acerbis and ordered some new UFO's and pray that they fit unless you guys have some other advice that a couple years of reading these forums didnt teach me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ISBB

Posted February 16, 2007 - 10:23 AM

Ohh ya.. its on a 02 WR426..

• Birdy426

Posted February 16, 2007 - 04:50 PM

02 WR shrouds should fit YZ stuff and vice-versa. You may have some 400 shrouds, which were different where they pick up the radiator. When I put new plastic on my '01, the shrouds I ordered didn't fit either. They were marked as 98-02YZ400/426. Clearly an error...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.