Rear Brake Lever

8 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted February 16, 2007 - 06:29 AM

I'm in the market for a new rear brake lever, but I'd like to get something other than OEM, preferably with a pivoting tip like on the shift side. The only thing I've found so far is from Sunline, designated for the 05-06 YZ450. The 05 had the same one as the WR, but changed in 06 when it went to an aluminum frame. I'm a tad confused and wondered if anyone had any experience with it. For $160, I don't want to be wrong...SC

• dangermouse007

Posted February 16, 2007 - 06:51 AM

I have ASV Brake Lever on my WR450 2007 and clutch mount with HOTstart and all fits tip top, and the quality is really good..

• resinlips

Posted February 16, 2007 - 07:05 AM

Maybe it's just me but i'm thinkin da back brake.

• dangermouse007

Posted February 16, 2007 - 07:28 AM

I should read ...then read then engage brain....i'm British what do you expect ....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woodsk

Posted February 16, 2007 - 03:28 PM

I was looking around this summer when i bashed up my rear break pedal. The sunline was the only one I found other than OEM since I have an 04 it no fit.

Since the OEM is $130 I has hoping to upgrade for that price, but could find nothing

• clark4131

Posted February 16, 2007 - 04:04 PM

I spoke to the tech dept. at Sunline today and they didn't realize that the 05 and 06 YZ's were different due to the frame change. They're going to check on it to see if they are compatible between the two. Regardless, the levers haven't been released for sale yet and have a projected release date sometime in March...SC

• WR_Dave

Posted February 16, 2007 - 05:54 PM

Hey rear brake pedal lovers, try this site for your rear brake pedal needs. I have seen the quality of workmanship, of the shift levers, and feel that it is impressive. Give it a look and decide for yourselves. http://shifttip.com/index.html :censored: WR Dave

• johnnyjeep

Posted February 17, 2007 - 05:56 AM

Hey rear brake pedal lovers, try this site for your rear brake pedal needs. I have seen the quality of workmanship and feel that it is impressive. Give it a look and decide for yourselves. http://shifttip.com/index.html :censored: WR Dave

I only found shift levers for yamaha there.

• WR_Dave

Posted February 17, 2007 - 06:25 AM

Sorry Guys, :censored: my bad, I was under the impression that the brake pedals were for all makes. It appears at this point that it is just honda CRF pedals. Maybe they will build other brand designs soon! WR Dave

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.