Engine Oil on 2007 RMZ450

6 replies to this topic
  • langers447

Posted February 15, 2007 - 08:52 PM

I have a 2007 RMZ450 but unfortunately I don't have the owners manual. Hence the dumb questions I'm about to ask. The engine/transmission oil is all one correct? It's not separate like on a Honda.

Secondly, to drain the oil, do I just undo the two bolts underneath the shifter? There is a big bolt and a smaller bolt.

Thirdly, does anyone have any recommondations for the oil? And what amount do I need to put back in it?

Much appreciated if anyone can help!

• david33mason

Posted February 15, 2007 - 11:30 PM

yes there is only one compartment for the oil but it needs to be drained out of two bolt holes. there are two bolts under the shift lever but the they are either side of the big bolt, which is the bolt that releases the strainer. i think the oil reccomended by Suzuki is 10/40W at 1250ml or 1300 (i think) after a filter change.

• suzukipoo

Posted February 15, 2007 - 11:42 PM

I have a 2007 RMZ450 but unfortunately I don't have the owners manual. Hence the dumb questions I'm about to ask. The engine/transmission oil is all one correct? It's not separate like on a Honda.

Secondly, to drain the oil, do I just undo the two bolts underneath the shifter? There is a big bolt and a smaller bolt.

Thirdly, does anyone have any recommondations for the oil? And what amount do I need to put back in it?

Much appreciated if anyone can help!

Hi there,:censored: i have made something that could help you guys that struggel with the oil maintenance! Hope this helps!:ride: Posted Image

• langers447

Posted February 16, 2007 - 08:39 PM

Thanks guys!

• mikeujazdowski

Posted February 16, 2013 - 05:46 PM

What is the preferred oil filter for this bike then? Hence another dumb question.

• samras121

Posted February 25, 2013 - 07:17 PM

What is the preferred oil filter for this bike then? Hence another dumb question.

a clean one

• superdutyscaler

Posted March 12, 2013 - 08:13 AM

use stock oil filters!
i use to use Honda 10w40 oil because both local Suzuki dealers closed down, and ANY dealer charges way too much for maxima or Amsoil motor oils around here and on line! I just recently was at a GM dealer for medium duty truck parts and they are a performance shop also, anyways they are a Amsoil dealer and they stock and sell ALL Amsoil products, so i now buy 10w40 Amsoil full ester synthetic dirt bike oil from them for 9 dollars a quart!!! Its a awesome price and no tax either since its in Delaware! There is alot and i mean alot of threads about guys running diesel motor oil, different weight oil than the factory 10w40 oil on this site and other sites. Ive run 10w40 in all my four stroke Suzuki since i bought them brand new and never ever had one motor failure or part failure. Heck even my 2003 DRZ400E has th stock clutch and it still feels like new!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.