white bros. quiet core 2 insert

5 replies to this topic
  • kev426

Posted January 16, 2002 - 02:58 PM

anybody try one? they claim a 5 to 6 db decrease.
thanks kevin

• Blue_Boner

Posted January 16, 2002 - 03:33 PM

Kev, I've tried one in my E-series and it does make things a bit quieter, but I think 5-6 db is a little exaggerated. It also seemed to give a little more bottom end with a definite loss up top. The only time I put the thing in was when I ran 8 disks when I usually run 12 with no quiet core so that may have been the cause of the power loss. I have yet to try it with all 12 disks and the quiet core. For the price I think it is worth it if you are trying to lose a few decibels, but like I mentioned before I think 5-6 is a stretch. Eric

• Lil_Bill

Posted January 16, 2002 - 06:03 PM

Ok where can I get one cause I am planning on riding enduros this year and they have been doing sound tests out here? How much are they?
Also if you get a chance how bad are the power losses, I have a W/B E-series w/12 discs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kev426

Posted January 17, 2002 - 04:54 AM

you can pick them up at www.rockymountainmc.com for about $40 bucks. as for the power loss i dont know yet it is still sitting on my floor.

• dieseld

Posted January 18, 2002 - 09:23 AM

I have a WB quiet core that I'll sell for $25 - still new in the packaging. email me at dsisola@home.com if you are interested

• kev426

Posted January 19, 2002 - 02:06 PM

this thing is a pile. i think im going to smash it with my hammer. this thing doesnt do a damm thing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.