pogo stick

2 replies to this topic
  • troys450

Posted February 14, 2007 - 08:02 PM

i have an 04wr450,pogo sticks bad thru fast deep woops.no change with
compression screw,rebound adjusts ok.had the shock recharged,no change.
i was told the oil is foamed and it needs a rebuild.any ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • msgbean

Posted February 14, 2007 - 09:25 PM

I have no idea what your weight is or your riding ability but the stock suspention is soft and if the oils have never been changed then it will be worse. I had an 03 that I put gold valves in and was able to ride motocross with it.

• jerryls

Posted February 16, 2007 - 08:31 PM

Try slowing down the rebound in the shock. The "pogo" effect could be from the rebound being too fast. Turn the rebound adjuster (by the rear linkage) clockwise all the way in. Take a test ride, then turn adjuster counter-clockwise two clicks. Repeat until you find the right amount of rebound.

If your bike is an '04, the shock oil is probably toast. Get it serviced.

Jerry

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.