07 yz450 steering

5 replies to this topic
  • H 17 Racing

Posted February 14, 2007 - 03:30 PM

I rode my friends 03 yz450 and I didnt feel like it wanted to turn. Do the 07s turn better in tight corners. I found a new one for $6200 all I would have do is put thier name on it. But I am leary of handleing. Any info would be helpful thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted February 14, 2007 - 04:13 PM

The two bikes are as different as night and a day two weeks later. Maybe more than that. The '06-7 is not only not reluctant to turn, it's like it can't wait to be asked to. It feels 30 pounds lighter than the bike you rode, and will do pretty much anything you want it to, right when you want it done.

There's simply no comparison. If it were not so stable going in a straight line, and didn't have blue plastics, you'd swear it was made by a different manufacturer.

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted February 14, 2007 - 07:39 PM

GET IT!
U will be very happy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FeliX 450

Posted February 14, 2007 - 09:42 PM

I rode my friends 03 yz450 and I didnt feel like it wanted to turn. Do the 07s turn better in tight corners. I found a new one for $6200 all I would have do is put thier name on it. But I am leary of handleing. Any info would be helpful thanks.

get the bike, its an awesome deal.
the 07 is the best handling bike out of all 07's

• Mike McCutcheon

Posted February 15, 2007 - 02:06 PM

I really like my 07. Make sure you set the sag at least 100mm and raise the forks 5mm. She corners good and is stable.

• H 17 Racing

Posted February 17, 2007 - 08:20 PM

I bought it today for $5950 When they offered a lower price I had to take it. It took me about 20 min to get it started the first time but I fell it is worth it. They are so much more comfortable than the 04s.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.