dual sport helmet choice?

26 replies to this topic
  • discovery

Posted February 17, 2007 - 02:54 PM

Hands down for me Arai XD - Goggles w/ or w/or the visor up or down. bougfht my first for $365 delivered, and my second for $455 overnight but my local MC shop has them for $350. To me this beats having multiple helmets AND it's the most used thing while riding.

• frog13

Posted February 18, 2007 - 10:44 AM

Hey fingers---frog13 here,nice to here from overseas.Are you military or home folk?---either way is cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.How long have you been riding the 650L---thanks for the input on the helmet stuff!.

• Fingers

Posted February 18, 2007 - 07:49 PM

Frog. Military stationed in Japan near Hiroshima, been here 2 1/2 years. I bought my XR-650R (DK) here in Japan. It was a street legal export destined to go to Europe (they don't normally sell the 650 in Japan, it's too big for the population). I ride everything from dualsport to tight steep singletrack here. I still have a 650L in storage in the US. I'm much happier with the R.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frog13

Posted February 22, 2007 - 01:54 PM

Hey Fingers;

Why do you like the 650R better? I think modifying one would be a pain,of course I don't know how the great state of Ohio(hahaha) would react to it.Isn't the "R" geared too different for the road?.---be cool over there--later.

• plodder

Posted March 01, 2007 - 06:15 PM

I used open face HJC but with lots of street driving (relatively speaking), I thought safety required full face protection. I recently got a Nolan with flip up chin. It works very conveniently - one finger operation. and was pretty Cheap. A dealer - Corona Motorsports (CA) matched internet price $200 (plus $10 shipping to my door and sales tax). The face opening closed is pretty big and visor has several open settings so sitting at light or ventilating at light is very easy.

• beerjonny

Posted March 02, 2007 - 10:26 AM

Thats why I went with the Simpson.

Tried the Simpson, too heavy. Bought the Arai on ebay, $500 Cdn to my door. Best $ I've spent. Makes drving in the rain painless, helps in the cold, and I am confident if I need it, it'll be great protection for my brain...

• Fishthumper

Posted March 02, 2007 - 10:33 AM

Hey guys go to www.motorcyclesuperstore.com they are having killer blo-out sales on helmets and riding gear. Carry-on

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.