WR 2007 Oil Change...

10 replies to this topic
  • dangermouse007

Posted February 14, 2007 - 04:25 AM

Well what a great design.... i might be missing something...!!!!:ride: but how do you torque the rear drain bolt as it sits between the Frame and Engine...!!!!!!:censored:

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted February 14, 2007 - 04:49 AM

Well what a great design.... i might be missing something...!!!!:ride: but how do you torque the rear drain bolt as it sits between the Frame and Engine...!!!!!!:censored:

It's simple...you borrow Scotty's left handed spanner wrench. Oohh...wait...Scotty is a Scot, the bike is of Japanese manufacture...Oh yeah, I remember now...you need a tiny person with a 5-year-old's hands.

Seriously now...is it imperative that the rear drain bolt is used for an oil change?
Can all the oil be drained out using only the bottom drain? If so, then the hassle associated with the rear drain can be avoided.

I have a set of swivel-head ratcheting box wrenches that have come in handy on many occasions.

-Jay

• Murray Dorward

Posted February 14, 2007 - 05:22 AM

Here is what you have to loosen according to the owners manual. I changed my oil at 500km and it was easy.
Posted Image
Good luck

Muz
:censored: :lol: :ride:

• dangermouse007

Posted February 14, 2007 - 05:50 AM

Hi Guys...

Thanks for the Info... but I know how to do it.. but has anybody actually tried to torque up the No 6 Drain bolt....as there is only 3.5cm's between Bolt and frame !!!!!

you can only get a spanner in there or its grind down a socket time ????

• SXP

Posted February 14, 2007 - 06:49 AM

Hi Guys...

Thanks for the Info... but I know how to do it.. but has anybody actually tried to torque up the No 6 Drain bolt....as there is only 3.5cm's between Bolt and frame !!!!!

you can only get a spanner in there or its grind down a socket time ????

I do that one by feel - can't think of any other way, 'cause as you say ,there's no room to get a torque wrench in there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted February 14, 2007 - 08:29 AM

What about a crowfoot wrench?...SC

• dangermouse007

Posted February 14, 2007 - 09:11 AM

:censored: :ride: :lol: ... and that would be ...... never heard of that before..

• SXP

Posted February 14, 2007 - 12:42 PM

What about a crowfoot wrench?...SC

I have a set in my tool box but never thought of using it. Would the torque value change? If so, how do you calculate it?

• Fullbore4

Posted February 14, 2007 - 03:10 PM

I have a set in my tool box but never thought of using it. Would the torque value change? If so, how do you calculate it?

here's a blip on-line about torqing with a crows foot.

http://www.finishing.com/118/94.shtml

• clark4131

Posted February 14, 2007 - 08:50 PM

Put the crowfoot at 90° to the torque wrench and the difference is negligible...SC

• dangermouse007

Posted February 14, 2007 - 11:23 PM

Thanks Clark4131... great advice ...:censored:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.