Exhaust pipe glowing!

4 replies to this topic
  • Wyoairmech

Posted February 13, 2007 - 08:33 PM

I just finished up a oil change on the 450 and I noticed the exhaust pipe glowing a dull orange as the bike was at idle after a minute. Not to sure if this is normal or not. I have not riden the bike much at night so I dont know if this has happened before. I just moved from Wyoming at 5000ft. to Washington 1800ft. so I could be just running lean. I am new to this site and thanks for any help.

• Humunn

Posted February 13, 2007 - 10:58 PM

It's normal. Had the same scare on my wr250 a few years ago. Called a couple mechanics who told me I needed to rush it in right away but luckily I checked with the TT guys and they set me straight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kskyles

Posted February 14, 2007 - 10:03 AM

the glow is normal, but it is redder when you are leaner.

you'll need to rejet, and it will not get as hot. i got a JD kit and went by INDY's jetting guide in the performance index. now it doesn't glow like it used to.

• Merlin450

Posted February 20, 2007 - 05:48 PM

I have a bone stock '07 WR 450 F and just noticed the "glowing pipe syndrome".

How normal is this!? Didn't notice this until tonight and it started "glowing" just a couple of minutes after it was started.

How much effect does clipping the gray have on the "glow" or any of the other "free mods"?

• clark4131

Posted February 20, 2007 - 07:39 PM

I have a bone stock '07 WR 450 F and just noticed the "glowing pipe syndrome".

How normal is this!? Didn't notice this until tonight and it started "glowing" just a couple of minutes after it was started.

How much effect does clipping the gray have on the "glow" or any of the other "free mods"?

Stickies baby, stickies...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.