Kickstart locks up problem

6 replies to this topic
  • tvrjohn

Posted February 13, 2007 - 03:49 PM

WR450 2004 recently replaced starter clutch, worked fine for one full days green laning .
But now starter spins over fine but starter clutch makes no attempt to engage and spin engine over, Any ideas guys ?

Next problem, now that i have to kickstart it, occasionally the kickstart locks up, and i have to put in gear and rock the bike to free it off.
I also get an occasional grinding noise from crankcase
Can anyone diagnose the problem please ?

• tvrjohn

Posted February 14, 2007 - 03:49 PM

Thanks for nothing you guys, thought i would of recevied some technical suggestions / comments.

Stripped crankcase off tonight, only to reveal the heads of 6 M6 cap head scews rolling around the stator windings.
Sheared from starter clutch, and trashed the stator

• msgbean

Posted February 14, 2007 - 05:47 PM

I would have suggested that but since you just put it in I figured it was too early for those to break. Mine broke twice on my 03.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted February 14, 2007 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for nothing you guys, thought i would of recevied some technical suggestions / comments...

Wow, who unrinated in your tea this morning? Around these parts, the old saying goes: "you can catch a lot more flies with honey, than vinegar":thumbsdn: :censored: :ride:

• SXP

Posted February 15, 2007 - 12:43 PM

Wow, who unrinated in your tea this morning? Around these parts, the old saying goes: "you can catch a lot more flies with honey, than vinegar":thumbsdn: :censored: :ride:

So, what do you think of the whole NASCAR scandal:devil:?

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted February 16, 2007 - 06:41 AM

Thanks for nothing you guys, thought i would of recevied some technical suggestions / comments...

We have a saying here. It goes something like "you get what you pay for." Amazing.

• tvrjohn

Posted February 17, 2007 - 04:18 PM

Seems that these starter clutch bolts have sheared on others machines, if they were doweled or keyed the bolts would not see the shear force, from these high compression machines

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.