oil cooler bracket no need to weld on frame!!!!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • drtlvr

Posted February 13, 2007 - 01:49 PM

here it is a direct copy of the src bracket mine is made from s.s not aluminum,I decided to go with this style of cooler instead of my original idea because I didnt like the idea of the hoses moving when i turned the bars,anyone interested in my other oil cooler set up p.m me I got the 250 xr oil cooler off ebay for 30.00 on a lucky buy it now.

Attached Thumbnails

• oilk cooler bracket 001.jpg
  • oilk cooler bracket 002.jpg
  • oilk cooler bracket 003.jpg
  • oilk cooler bracket 006.jpg

• xr650l bum

Posted February 13, 2007 - 02:01 PM

Nice! How does the bracket attach to the frame? What cooler are you using in the picture? How do I get you to send me a bracket?

• drtlvr

Posted February 13, 2007 - 02:30 PM

im using a oil cooler off a xr250,the bracket is very simple to make I just bent the stainless over a tube then welded on the nuts,the bracket mounts with two 1/4 20 flat head machine screws,you just drill and tap the frame,I did mine in about 10 min.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xrltim

Posted February 13, 2007 - 04:57 PM

I have the same year as you, how does it plumb up? I've been thinking of getting a cooler ever since I bored out to 101mm.

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted February 13, 2007 - 08:16 PM

Nicely done drtlvr! Here is some more info...

The XR400 cooler is about twice the size of the XR250 cooler. It mounts the same way and is more than enough to bring the temps down on the 650L/600R. I used to work for SRC and we sold it as a kit.

SRC kit... http://www.srcinc.net/html/cooler.html

Oil line routing... http://www.xlv.ch/XR...Oil-Cooler.html

• trxxr

Posted February 13, 2007 - 08:49 PM

I'll buy one...:censored: :ride:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.