Two Brothers

12 replies to this topic
  • hall1012

Posted February 13, 2007 - 09:43 AM

Anyone using the two brothers exhaust on their 07 YZ450F? What do you think of it?

• yam 3

Posted February 14, 2007 - 09:34 AM

I have a friend that used one for a while...it was loud and broke alot. He does not use it anymore.

• Husker_Mike

Posted February 14, 2007 - 09:47 AM

I have one on my 06. It is very loud (too frigin loud), but has not broke. Seems to work okay. Looks neat.

• hall1012

Posted February 14, 2007 - 11:56 PM

Ok so it sounds like the Two Brothers is out of the question... Also I was considering the Pro Circuit and Dr. D. The Dr. D seems to be at least $150 more at the places I've found. Is there really a huge difference between the 2, because I don't really want to pay that much extra for just a small amount of difference. Again, any info or opinions are greatly appreciated.

• grayracer513

Posted February 15, 2007 - 08:34 AM

I was considering the Pro Circuit and Dr. D. The Dr. D seems to be at least $150 more at the places I've found.

I'm not buying that you can get any Pro-Circuit Full System for $350. The full Dr.D Stainless can be bought for $500 or less with a sparky, and is a very good piece of work for the money.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted February 15, 2007 - 03:49 PM

i just order the Dr.D for my 06 450 and i got it from BTO sports for about 430 plus i got the quiet insert for it also for about 30 or so more. also i really dont think you can get a full PC pipe for under 450 brand new

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hall1012

Posted February 16, 2007 - 02:37 PM

I'm not buying that you can get any Pro-Circuit Full System for $350. The full Dr.D Stainless can be bought for $500 or less with a sparky, and is a very good piece of work for the money.

Never said full system. I live in CA, so a full system would be a problem.

• grayracer513

Posted February 16, 2007 - 02:41 PM

So do I. So now I have two questions.

> Why is a full system a problem because you live in California?

> Are you then saying that a PC slip-on is $150 less than a Dr.D slip-on?

• hall1012

Posted February 17, 2007 - 06:06 PM

If you know of a place with good deals on Dr. D I'd appreciate it. I've been looking around and it seems the PC is a lot less. Also, I ride 99% off-road so I want the slip-on to meet sound reqs. I'd rather get a 96db slip-on instead of buying a full system. The $ is also a reason.

• Kyle Prior

Posted February 17, 2007 - 06:25 PM

If you know of a place with good deals on Dr. D I'd appreciate it. I've been looking around and it seems the PC is a lot less. Also, I ride 99% off-road so I want the slip-on to meet sound reqs. I'd rather get a 96db slip-on instead of buying a full system. The $ is also a reason.

EVERYWHERE has the Dr.D for less than a Pro Circuit. The Pro Circuit is a slip-on unit, and has no aftermarket head pipe. The Dr.D has a head pipe, and is spark arrested, so it is perfectly legal, even in California. Listen to Grayracer, he knows his stuff about Yamahas better than anyone on this forum IMHO.

The TT store has Dr.D for as good a price as anyone else, actually less, due to the 110% price match guarantee, and also carries Pro Circuit, if you so choose to get one of those.

• Smartt Yamaha127

Posted February 17, 2007 - 06:32 PM

Someone just bought a 06 TBR M6 off ebay for $150 plus shipping. The pipe was great. It was the slip on.

• Bigcr

Posted March 29, 2008 - 10:16 PM

The Dr. D should be less $ than the pro-circuit and their customer service is top notch.

• wolfie12

Posted March 30, 2008 - 05:02 PM

I just rode all day on my new 08 YZ450f that I just installed the Two Bros full titanium system. 400 bucks was hard to beat. I'm not crazy about how the silencer mounts, no rubber mounting, i might see if I can jury rig a more oem style mounting setup. After a couple rides on the stocker, the lack of punch with the stock silencer was glaring compared to the average 450. I could not believe the increase in range and power it has now, and it revs out noticeably better than stock. I rode our practice track, which has a 2 plus minute laptime average, and stayed in 3rd pretty much the whole time. I never did that on any of my 3 Honda 450s on this track. That alone tells me something. It is loud though, no doubt.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.