wheel question (2000-XR600R)

6 replies to this topic
  • slepe67

Posted February 13, 2007 - 05:57 AM

I was wondering if it would make any sense to reuse the spokes and nipples, and just replace the wheel? Not being cheap, but, I was looking at the wheels and they arent in very good shape, but the spokes and nipples look pretty good. The rims are slightly bent and cracked. I plan to go with black if anyone has a line for some. What do you think? Now, I gotta decide between Clarke or IMS desert tank, IMS footpegs, AND how to get it here without the wife finding out....Appreciate the advice again. JL

• slepe67

Posted February 13, 2007 - 11:06 AM

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

• cleonard

Posted February 13, 2007 - 02:10 PM

I think what you mean is replace the rim. Sure you can reuse the spokes and nipples if they are compatible with the new rim that you buy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slepe67

Posted February 13, 2007 - 02:23 PM

yep, that is what I meant to say...I'll work on my communication skills thanks again Cleonard. How things been going lately? I've been gone a while.

• Baja Rudy

Posted February 13, 2007 - 02:33 PM

buy the spokes and nipples and start working on the wife...just buy ALL the things you need and hit her over the head with them so that next time she does not question you and your machine needs. what kind of man asks permision to buy parts for his motorcycle?

sorry, but you asked for advice. now start spending money and ride that pig like is was meant to be ridden.

• slepe67

Posted February 13, 2007 - 03:22 PM

hah hah that's a good one. If I bought ALL the things I needed, I think I'd be in the poorhouse. Besides, I'm the master of my house, and I do what I want, when I want it, just as long as my wife says I can. Hey, I GOTTA listen to her, she's got the pu**y.

• Baja Rudy

Posted February 13, 2007 - 04:05 PM

10-4 brother, just a little fun comment and nothing else...you are right, they have that little thing that we like don't they? enjoy the two machines that's all I have to say...or...ride those two pigs until you run out of gas.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.