WR426 fuel tank on a YZ

3 replies to this topic
  • SRT426

Posted February 13, 2007 - 01:59 AM

Will the fuel tank from a WR426 bolt up to a YZ426. I know if you go the other way you need a YZ seat. So does that mean I need a WR seat to put the tank on my YZ. I found a WR tank on Ebay and that's why I'm asking.

• windseeker1

Posted February 13, 2007 - 03:24 AM

Hi
If it is the 8L fuel tank u won't need the seat if it is the 12L u will need a seat
in europe wr426 only came with 8L so if thats the case is a simple swap

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted February 13, 2007 - 06:24 AM

Since he's in California I'm guessing it's the US model so yes you will need a WR seat but everything will fit.

• fershy

Posted February 13, 2007 - 09:04 AM

Will the fuel tank from a WR426 bolt up to a YZ426. I know if you go the other way you need a YZ seat. So does that mean I need a WR seat to put the tank on my YZ. I found a WR tank on Ebay and that's why I'm asking.

WR tanks are a time a dozen on Ebay. If you have ever riden a WR with that tank you would know why they can be had for a song.
Better advise.... get yourself an IMS or Acerbis oversize tank and keep that YZ seat. The ergonomics are night and day better.
fershy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.