WR fuel tank on a YZ

8 replies to this topic
  • SRT426

Posted February 13, 2007 - 01:58 AM

Will the fuel tank from a WR426 bolt up to a YZ426. I know if you go the other way you need a YZ seat. So does that mean I need a WR seat to put the tank on my YZ. I found a WR tank on Ebay and that's why I'm asking.

• adz_244

Posted February 13, 2007 - 02:50 AM

if you need the seat one way i would think that you'll need it the other,i was wondering about this swap the other day and the wr seats do look different

• adz_244

Posted February 13, 2007 - 02:55 AM

here you go this may help http://www.thumperta...=wr tank on yzf

• tammie

Posted February 13, 2007 - 09:47 AM

yes you need the tank and seat combo...but it fits fine i have a WR tank and seat on my YZ....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted February 13, 2007 - 01:42 PM

Spending the extra $$ and going to an IMS or Clarke tank would make better sense IMHO. You get to keep the YZ seat and the seating position

• cumminsgetsome

Posted February 13, 2007 - 04:14 PM

I have got a clark tank on my wr 250 I would trade the tank and seat for your tank and seat. I think the clark is 3.3 gallon and the seat is in good condition I could send pics?

• SRT426

Posted February 13, 2007 - 11:39 PM

I have got a clark tank on my wr 250 I would trade the tank and seat for your tank and seat. I think the clark is 3.3 gallon and the seat is in good condition I could send pics?

The WR tank would have been a second tank. Thank you anyway.

• SXP

Posted February 14, 2007 - 06:54 AM

Where in California are you? I have a '99 WR seat and tank in good shape (no petcock though) that fits the 426s. PM me if interested in buying the SET.

• Ga426owner

Posted February 14, 2007 - 12:52 PM

the IMS tank is what you need to use your existing
YZ seat and this works great. Otherwise you will need a WR tank and a WR seat...and this is like sitting on a camel.....:censored:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.