anyone xr650r with stage 2 cam?

5 replies to this topic
  • 650r

Posted February 12, 2007 - 09:14 PM

have an 02 xr 650r that has been uncorked and has a full fmf powerbomb and pipe. thinking of putting in a hot cams stage 2 cam? anyone running one? pros and cons please? are they worth it, will it make a difference? i ride alot of dunes ans baja type desert. thanks

• mung

Posted February 13, 2007 - 08:15 AM

I have one in my 06 .About the same or maybe just a slight loss on bottom power but mid and top are stronger and snappier.Even with big tank front end feels lighter. MUNG

• 650r

Posted February 13, 2007 - 08:31 AM

do you have to check the valves more often then normal? so it really hasn't messed with reliabilty or are you always checking and adjusting? reason i ask is i havemymotor torn down due to a bad shift drum that took out some gears so i figure why not put in a cam. don't really need more power but would be nice. bike already has fmf powerbomb and powercore, mod side panel and stock carb reworked. figure this would be the next step. i don't want to spend the money for a 680 kit, the motor looks perfact inside.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mung

Posted February 16, 2007 - 11:38 AM

After redoing my 650r last summer with hc piston,headwork, pipe and Hotcam 2, I checked the valves at 50,100,and 250 miles.Virtually no change in clearance.After an 1800 mile Baja trip all were .001 loose.Almost no difference from my last 650r which was ok for 23,000 miles.

• weskc35k

Posted March 30, 2007 - 11:29 PM

Put the stage 2 in, it is probably the best bang for your buck around.

• steed2

Posted March 31, 2007 - 10:55 AM

i just installed my stage 2 this morning ....also running a fmf powercore 4
I dont know how i did it but with the pipe cam and jetting i got rid of that flat spot on the bottom ....weird part is it starts easier without the auto decomp.... MAN I CANNOT BELEIVE THE DIFFERENCE ....this thing rocks now...soooo responsive even down low....im soooo happy

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.