Anybody raced the San Felipe 250 on a BRP?

7 replies to this topic
  • MacD

Posted February 12, 2007 - 07:25 PM

Hi,

I am thinking about entering the San Felipe 250 March 10th with a buddy in the sportsman class? We have never raced a score event but have riden alot of and watched the last three 1000's. Being passed by 1000 horsepower trophy trucks has got me thinkin! Anybody have the course map?

My set up on the 650 is uncorked, precision concepts suspension, and scotts damper, extra tooth on counter shaft. Any suggestions on tire choices or anyother must haves? Best hotel to stay at?

Thanks for any input.

Chris

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted February 12, 2007 - 07:36 PM

There are LOTS of guys on TT who've raced SF250 and plenty of them on 650Rs. Fine bike you have there with good mods. (get a big IMS too).

Where are you reading it's going to be multiple loops of 50 mi.?
A multi-loop race down there would be insane, suicide. Really, if it's multi-loop don't even consider it.

Hotels... you're kidding right? You can book rooms at this time for Felipe of next year. You might, if you're lucky, find someone who pulls out their entry and has rooms to sell. Best to check race-dezert.com for that.

• XR4DEZ

Posted February 12, 2007 - 08:05 PM

Yep, heard there might be loops because of land issues and permits, too many hands out. If that's the case they'll have to do different races for bikes and trucks.Last couple of years I've prerun with buddies who raced it. Every kind of whoop imaginable and nearly 250 miles of them.

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted February 13, 2007 - 06:35 AM

Multi-loops - No way, aint gonna happen, I wouldn't believe it if I heard it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JackAttack

Posted February 13, 2007 - 08:35 AM

Multi-loops - No way, aint gonna happen, I wouldn't believe it if I heard it.

I heard it will be a fiqure 8 closed course with a loop of fire jump at the crossroad. 250 laps.

:censored:

• JohnnyAirtime

Posted February 13, 2007 - 09:05 AM

Hi,

I am thinking about entering the San Felipe 250 March 10th with a buddy in the sportsman class? We have never raced a score event but have riden alot of and watched the last three 1000's. Being passed by 1000 horsepower trophy trucks has got me thinkin! Anybody have the course map?

My set up on the 650 is uncorked, precision concepts suspension, and scotts damper, extra tooth on counter shaft. Any suggestions on tire choices or anyother must haves? Best hotel to stay at?

Thanks for any input.

Chris

I think... you picked the wrong first SCORE event to race. Let's start there.

... the 500 would be more fun, less brutal, and a better "first" SCORE race (IMHO)

Surprised you didn't get that recommendation already. :censored:

• MacD

Posted February 13, 2007 - 06:12 PM

I have gotten it else where recently that the 250 migh not be the best first score.. We figured logistics would be easier than the 500? 250 miles of whoops huh........We have watched and ridden alot of the course for the 1000 the last three years and are gettin sick of watchin. I appreciate the candid advice.

• luissuperdog

Posted February 13, 2007 - 08:58 PM

You can try BITD. Is realy probably the safe option to start racing. They usualy run diferent loops for bikes and trucks. Plenty of whoops and sand to get your feet wet.
And you don';t have to worry about the TT's

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.