Why is my friend's YZF450 better than my YZ250? HELP!!!

21 replies to this topic
  • Budlite

Posted February 20, 2007 - 07:19 AM

For those of you that have trouble starting your '06 YZ450F try this when it's cold and on a stand:

1) pull choke
2) from the right side of the bike, give it two shots of fuel by twisting the throttle
3) push down the kick starter with your hand just enough to turn it over

chances are the bike will start. If you are having problems starting the bike, you probably are simply kicking it too hard. Slow it down and you might be amazed at how easy this bike starts hot or cold.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • velosapiens

Posted February 20, 2007 - 12:08 PM

That's usually all it takes.

i rode an 06 yzf450 and it was nice, but not earthshatteringly awesome. i wouldn't mind a chance to play with the suspension settings a bit and see how it handles expert-class dezert racing.

i might get an 07 (or 08) for my next bike, but my existing bikes are still fun to ride (04 250sx, 05 fe550).

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.