45w/45w Bulb Upgrade

9 replies to this topic
  • mxcowboy

Posted February 12, 2007 - 05:48 PM

I ordered the 45w H6M bulbs off Ebay. They are much brighter than stock and here is the test photo's. Sorry for the messy workbench but had to have stuff to show lighting.

Stock bulb low beam with garage lights off.

Posted Image

45w bulb low beam with garage lights off.

Posted Image

Stock bulb High beam with garage lights off.

Posted Image

45w bulb high beam with garage lights off.

Posted Image

• Desracer

Posted February 12, 2007 - 06:03 PM

Watch out for the plastic plug-in melting. The AC system really gets hot at this connection, the wires also changed color ( burnt look ) I had the rectifier/ regulator fail and went DC. My buddy also ran a more powerful bulb and had the same thing happen. I hope you wont have any trouble, but its an easy thing to check.

• mxcowboy

Posted February 12, 2007 - 06:16 PM

Watch out for the plastic plug-in melting. The AC system really gets hot at this connection, the wires also changed color ( burnt look ) I had the rectifier/ regulator fail and went DC. My buddy also ran a more powerful bulb and had the same thing happen. I hope you wont have any trouble, but its an easy thing to check.

Thanks, I'm going to keep checking it.

• GCannon

Posted February 13, 2007 - 09:16 AM

Put some dielectric grease in the connector. this will keep the moisture out and may help conduct the heat away from the point of elctrical contact (heat sourse)

• bigdrtrdr

Posted February 13, 2007 - 03:52 PM

I have been running an 80/80 PIAA Super White for years with out any issues and its a Helluvalot brighter than stock.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Express

Posted February 13, 2007 - 07:55 PM

I run the 80/100 Lo/Hi and was worried about the heat but didnt have any problems.

• GCannon

Posted February 14, 2007 - 09:39 AM

I have been running an 80/80 PIAA Super White for years with out any issues and its a Helluvalot brighter than stock.

Is this the bulb you are using? https://www.bajadesi...2.aspx?content=

I am very interested in this replacement bulb. If you don't mind could you give me a quick review of the performance of this upgrade?

How much brighter is it (considering the stock bulb is crap)?
How long have you been using it (does it last? How durable?)
Is the dimming at idle speed similar to stock?
Is it worth $45.00?
Is it too bright for limited street use?

any information would be greatly appreciated.

• bigdrtrdr

Posted February 14, 2007 - 12:45 PM

Is this the bulb you are using? https://www.bajadesi...2.aspx?content=

I am very interested in this replacement bulb. If you don't mind could you give me a quick review of the performance of this upgrade?

How much brighter is it (considering the stock bulb is crap)?
How long have you been using it (does it last? How durable?)
Is the dimming at idle speed similar to stock?
Is it worth $45.00?
Is it too bright for limited street use?

any information would be greatly appreciated.

Yup thats the bulb, Although I only paid about $20.00 at my dealer for it.
Id say its 4-5 times brighter.
Been running it for over two years. No issues at all.
Still dimms at idle.
Its probly about as bright as a DOT low beam.
No regrets here.

• GCannon

Posted February 14, 2007 - 01:32 PM

Thank You!

• Desracer

Posted February 14, 2007 - 09:43 PM

Be aware that the older 400-426 models are different! They have more DC stator output so no bulb issues, probably have better wire also. Check the Baja website for details.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.