Newer XR600 owner- lowering link

2 replies to this topic
  • IcanbreakIt

Posted February 12, 2007 - 05:35 PM

I bought a 97 XR600 last summer and would like do work to it before spring. Ive already uncorked it and its now plated. Ive put prob around 2K miles last fall and am ready to put some money into it. What I need is advice on lowering link, Yep a short rider, sofar lowered suspension enought but Id like to do it the right way. Next I need direction for good black plastic. I sprayed mine but it was fairly rough to begin with and the tank didnt take, bubbled.
For info my last bike was a 91 CR500. Im not looking for another rocket just something to cruise around on. Thanks for any help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Owyhee

Posted February 12, 2007 - 07:06 PM

What I need is advice on lowering link, Yep a short rider, sofar lowered suspension enought but Id like to do it the right way.

Try Koubalink. The guy who owns it is good people.

link

The 650L and 600R part are the same, $125.

Welcome to TT!

Good luck!

• justicedone

Posted February 12, 2007 - 07:16 PM

you can get them off ebay usually pretty cheap also, then raise your fork tubes through the triples to lower the front a bit. UFO makes some black plastics, Acerbis does as well I think. If you pain use Krylon Fusion paint, will last better..search for lots of paint info on going black.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.