New Yamaha Thumper out today!

3 replies to this topic
  • paul913

Posted January 15, 2002 - 04:19 PM

Hey Guys! How are things going out there? Sorry I haven't been around much lately.

I ran across some interesting news out of Yamaha today that some of you may be interested in.

Yamaha Sleds!

It seems Yamaha is going after market share in the sled world. 150 horsepower, 4 cyl, 20 valve, Thumper! They have always been the third or fourth vendor in the market. Hopefully, (with the enviros :) help!) they will revolutionize the sled market as they did the thumper dirt market.

I'll bet you'll see a huge marketing campaign with everyone claiming it's the 'machine-of-the-year', 'so easy to ride', 'unbelievable power', 'I never thought I would ride a 4-stroke' - Sound familiar?

Bryan, you might consider a new web site...

• BigDog

Posted January 15, 2002 - 05:53 PM

There are some pictures posted of it at www.trailconditions.com in the general discussion section.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted January 15, 2002 - 06:53 PM

Originally posted by Jake:
Hey Guys! How are things going out there? Sorry I haven't been around much lately.

I ran across some interesting news out of Yamaha today that some of you may be interested in.

Yamaha Sleds!

It seems Yamaha is going after market share in the sled world. 150 horsepower, 4 cyl, 20 valve, Thumper! They have always been the third or fourth vendor in the market. Hopefully, (with the enviros :) help!) they will revolutionize the sled market as they did the thumper dirt market.

I'll bet you'll see a huge marketing campaign with everyone claiming it's the 'machine-of-the-year', 'so easy to ride', 'unbelievable power', 'I never thought I would ride a 4-stroke' - Sound familiar?

Bryan, you might consider a new web site...

We are "straight talk about 4-Strokes". :D

Bryan

• Freezer

Posted January 16, 2002 - 09:20 AM

The new Yammi's will be around $9000 out of the box, about a grand more than the others 800 sleds.

It will probably do the same to the sled market as it did to the bike market--convert die-hard 2-strokers, but still frustrate because of the weight issue. Overall, it will revolutionize the deep powder sled market.

Freezer

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.