XR650L aftermarket turnsignals

4 replies to this topic
  • justicedone

Posted February 12, 2007 - 11:48 AM

Hey guys, I broke a stock turn signal last time out riding and just decided to change them over to the short stalk aftermarket type to fix it faster and cheaper. They were very easy to install, but they only flash with the bike running and above idle a bit. Is there a stronger flasher or some other trick to give them a bit more juice? They look pretty sweet, and are small enough not to get snapped on the first get off...but would be nice if the operated a bit better.

if you have a solution, please add part # if possible

• TDC71

Posted February 12, 2007 - 12:38 PM

Not sure if ur running Halogens like me, but when I put mine in they did the same thing. Went in to the turn relay and cut out the little brown resistor thats soldered in it and now they flash great all the time even at idle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • asf

Posted February 12, 2007 - 12:47 PM

Get a flasher meant for LED signals, yahoo, google and ebay will turn up more results than you can read.

• justicedone

Posted February 12, 2007 - 01:25 PM

Todd, where exactly is is located? I just moved and my garage is packed, but may have to hunt down my manual I suppose.

• sgifford

Posted February 12, 2007 - 06:55 PM

Just get a variable load from your local auto-parts store. Costs about $3. Replace the stock unit that's behind the little cowling/under the instruments.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.