WR 426 European Import?

6 replies to this topic
  • Kirby N

Posted February 12, 2007 - 10:00 AM

I am looking at a Wr426 european import. Can anybody tell me what the difference is between these and the US WRs? The guy said it is basically a YZ with a light is that right?

Is it a 5 speed? Does it have a wr tranny?
Is the timing retarded like a wr (as uppossed to the yz?))
He said it has a YZ smaller tank and seat on it.

Does this sound like a European WR or a yz with a light? Any help would be appreciated.

• GCannon

Posted February 12, 2007 - 10:46 AM

Maybe someone from the UK could answer this better.
I belive (someone will correct me if I am wrong) that the euro spec bikes are very similar to the Canadian and Austrailian bikes. The differnce being a more restrictive exhaust pipe, a YZ throttle stop with Differnt Needle, and no Grey wire. Everything else should be same as US WR

Again maybee one of our European brothers could shed more light on this subject.

• jetin

Posted February 12, 2007 - 10:47 AM

I´ve a 2001. softer spring front and rear, 0,42 and 4,8 springrate, yz tank and seat (8lit). thats the differens. all other parts are the same,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CSS9961

Posted February 12, 2007 - 12:19 PM

And the steering wheel is on the other side! :censored: :ride:

• RSWR450F

Posted February 12, 2007 - 01:16 PM

European WR426F:

• Kirby N

Posted February 12, 2007 - 07:22 PM

Ok. I saw pictures of it. That helps. So:
It has a YZ throttle Stop
No grey wire
YZ Seat and Tank
Softer springs

Eveything else is the same? So it is a 5 speed like the wr.

Thanks for the help!

• Anravqsuh

Posted February 14, 2007 - 12:12 PM

I believe the UK version likes to sit down for "tea and cookies" promptly at noon. :censored:

It also prefers it martini's "shaken, not stirred". :ride:

Also, you must use "petrol" as opposed to gas which we have here in the U.S. I don't where you're going to find petrol. Good luck with that.

Okay, I'm done. :lol:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.