Ride ropert MRD exhaust

35 replies to this topic
  • Ranger18

Posted February 20, 2007 - 04:02 PM

Swwweeeeeetttttttt! I just got back from riding and was very impressed with the performance of this pipe. Way more responsive and quicker in the low end and it feels like it added power throughout even though I went with the low-mid header. The main thing I noticed is how much more confidence it gives me to get on the throttle later if need be because I can lay down the power so much faster now. If I do get out of shape in a rythmn section or out of a corner I can back it off, straighten it out and know that I can still make the gap even if I'm late getting on the gas. MRD is definitely one of the best values in MX!:applause:

I know exaclty what your talkin' about. When I'm warming up to a track it takes me a while to get my corner speed down, now I can still hit every jump no matter how slow I take a corner or if I take an inside or outside line. I also noticed that the power never flattens out. :applause:
Something that you'll start experianceing when at the track is the people with the huge @ss pipes coming up and looking at your bike, woundering why your pipe doesn't stick out a mile. :lol:

• MRD RACING

Posted February 20, 2007 - 07:33 PM

Just like dave said, your jetting is good, I actually run a 45 pilot, but ride up at 2000ft. I actually knoticed even better throttle responce with the pipe. The clear crap you see on my frame is stomp grip. Its some type of rubber with little knobbies on it that help you grip the bike, rather then using grip tape, which destroys boots, and pants. Unfortanitly I did not have good luck with it sticking to the aluminum, it only lasted a couple of trips. However it does stick well to plastics, and I like it better up were my knees are anyways. (not in picure) I ordered it from www.motosport.com

And just to clear things up, about the whole 5 valve head, vs. 3 exhaust valve thing. Dave did say he thought it could be the 5 valve head, not 3 exhaust valves. For some reason or another I was thinking 3 exaust valves, even though I know better. so let this be a lesson to all, don't smoke crack J/K:naughty: and think before you type:bonk:

lol :applause:

• MRD RACING

Posted February 20, 2007 - 07:38 PM

Swwweeeeeetttttttt! I just got back from riding and was very impressed with the performance of this pipe. Way more responsive and quicker in the low end and it feels like it added power throughout even though I went with the low-mid header. The main thing I noticed is how much more confidence it gives me to get on the throttle later if need be because I can lay down the power so much faster now. If I do get out of shape in a rythmn section or out of a corner I can back it off, straighten it out and know that I can still make the gap even if I'm late getting on the gas. MRD is definitely one of the best values in MX!:applause:

cool , have fun:thumbsup:

• twenty34

Posted February 20, 2007 - 08:12 PM

So what what the deal with your suspension? I thought the bike was unrideable?

Also, how does the new pipe sound compared to stock?

• grayracer513

Posted February 20, 2007 - 08:16 PM

off topic

... sounds mean as hell (much throatier then stock)!

:applause:

• twenty34

Posted February 20, 2007 - 08:27 PM

off topic
:applause:

Point?

• red7

Posted February 20, 2007 - 08:32 PM

I never said it was unrideable but it was very weird how it went from smooth to bottoming out easily within 2 hours ride time. Today I cranked down compression 4 clicks and it still was bottoming somewhat so I cranked down another 2 clicks and it now only bottoms on the bigger (60'+) flatter landing which probably isn't that abnormal. I think Grayracer was right in my thread about needing to add oil because now it feels stiff on the smaller hits and I'd prefer that it be smoother but just not bottom out. Actually, I'll post similar info over there so that this thread doesn't get off topic with people giving advice here rather then there.

Oh, and the pipe sounds wonderful! Louder, but that's not an issue where I ride here in Mexico but I did get the quiet insert and sparky for when I ride back in the States.

• grayracer513

Posted February 21, 2007 - 08:42 AM

Point?

The first question is a thread hijack attempt, and the second was previously answered.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Baron Von Beard

Posted February 21, 2007 - 05:12 PM

The first question is a thread hijack attempt, and the second was previously answered.

Crrrrack! Gray's gotcha dude.

BTW - I am in love with Dave Harryman, at least as far as hetero dirt bike love is concerned, and I've never even met him in person! His exhausts are the bomb and he's just an all around gem!

• twenty34

Posted February 21, 2007 - 08:03 PM

Hijack attempt, eh? Lighten up...It was a simple question as I was curious about the outcome of his suspension that he was having difficulty with. Hijack attempt - whatever that means in cyberspace. Sorry I'm not keeping track of Internet jargon. You are the moderator, that's fine Grayracer, but you are taking it a bit too seriously, IMO. :applause:

• Baron Von Beard

Posted February 21, 2007 - 08:09 PM

Hijack attempt, eh? Lighten up...It was a simple question as I was curious about the outcome of his suspension that he was having difficulty with. Hijack attempt - whatever that means in cyberspace. Sorry I'm not keeping track of Internet jargon. You are the moderator, that's fine Grayracer, but you are taking it a bit too seriously, IMO. :applause:

There has been an influx of seriousness about, but Gray's just trying to do what the owners have told him. Just shoot a PM if you have a question that doesn't relate to the thread, no big deal. We're all friends here. :applause:

• twenty34

Posted February 21, 2007 - 08:30 PM

There has been an influx of seriousness about, but Gray's just trying to do what the owners have told him. Just shoot a PM if you have a question that doesn't relate to the thread, no big deal. We're all friends here. :applause:

Fair enough. I have no issues, but it seemed a bit too critical, IMO. I'll take your advice however. This is a solid forum and enjoy coming here. :applause:

• Baron Von Beard

Posted February 21, 2007 - 08:36 PM

Fair enough. I have no issues, but it seemed a bit too critical, IMO. I'll take your advice however. This is a solid forum and enjoy coming here. :applause:

Werd! Believe me, I've had my fair share of run-ins with the management and have learned that they're just trying to follow the guidelines that have been set for them. I'm a huge non-fan of overzealous Moderatin', but some things just aren't worth fighting over. Gray knows what I'm talking about and I have to say, he's a damn fine guy, much better than most, and he's truly a guy that'll stick up for what's right. :applause:

• grayracer513

Posted February 21, 2007 - 09:05 PM

Hijack attempt, eh? ...It was a simple question

It's simple forum etiquette, is what it is:

1. > hijack

Forum speak, is when a thread is taken from one direction of discussion to another completely off course topic or many different topics in a short period of time.

As in a group conversation, unilaterally and abruptly changing the subject the group is discussing is often considered poor form, as if the topic is not enough to hold your attention. Try not to, that's all.

• Ranger18

Posted February 22, 2007 - 11:00 AM

Damn, this thread got all hijacked up. :applause: J/K
At least this conversation took all the attention away from the dumb stuff that slipped out of my fingers:bonk:
So from now on lets keep the posts set on peoples opinions and questions about pipes.:applause:

• twenty34

Posted February 22, 2007 - 08:21 PM

It's simple forum etiquette, is what it is:

1. > hijack

Forum speak, is when a thread is taken from one direction of discussion to another completely off course topic or many different topics in a short period of time.

As in a group conversation, unilaterally and abruptly changing the subject the group is discussing is often considered poor form, as if the topic is not enough to hold your attention. Try not to, that's all.

See previous reply.
"Fair enough. I have no issues, but it seemed a bit too critical, IMO. I'll take your advice however. " :applause: :applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.