not just another white yzf

12 replies to this topic
  • riderman329

Posted February 11, 2007 - 08:04 PM

the colors are not just right yet, me and my dad are still trying to figuar out our new printer.

but here's them anyway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

what ya'll think

• ringding

Posted February 11, 2007 - 08:11 PM

i think, what kind of printer???

• NorCal

Posted February 12, 2007 - 12:32 AM

Looks good. The "SGP" colors look kind of funky, though. So you can print your own graphics?

• riderman329

Posted February 12, 2007 - 03:34 AM

yep
my dad owns a print shop, and it was time to upgrade from screen printing, to digtial printing.

so we bought a roland pc-60, this was our first test, as you can tell there still som bugs the need to get worked out!!!

• mxjosh

Posted February 12, 2007 - 10:09 AM

Too many colors. too busy. And you already know about the colors being off. What are those three green marks that head towards the seat cover?

• bluethundaaaa

Posted February 12, 2007 - 11:03 AM

I think that is cool....I mean it would be great to be able to print your own graphics....makes experimenting cheaper....once you get the process figured out what do you think the cost will be to the general public? I give it a thumbs up:thumbsup: and can't wait to see your next revision.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • riderman329

Posted February 12, 2007 - 12:33 PM

Too many colors. too busy. And you already know about the colors being off. What are those three green marks that head towards the seat cover?

too busy??? how old are you??? lol

the colors didn't turn out good we used process ribbons maybe next time were use spot colors.

the 3 green marks is the monster energy logo. i was trying to get the affect of them clawing in to the gas tank.

• riderman329

Posted February 12, 2007 - 12:35 PM

I think that is cool....I mean it would be great to be able to print your own graphics....makes experimenting cheaper....once you get the process figured out what do you think the cost will be to the general public? I give it a thumbs up:thumbsup: and can't wait to see your next revision.

thanks.

i don't think my dad wants to deal with selling to every body. it to much of a hassle he sez.

for now were just sticking to my stuff.

• OCMAN

Posted February 12, 2007 - 12:42 PM

what did you do to get the dimensions?

• whoops dude

Posted February 12, 2007 - 12:54 PM

dude I think they look good.

• riderman329

Posted February 12, 2007 - 02:08 PM

trace, scan, check.

we also have a vinyl plotter, so we cut some temp's to check the sizing.

• riderman329

Posted February 13, 2007 - 06:24 PM

if you think these look good. just wait a few more months.... i'll have a different different set on after my Loretta lynn's qualifyers

• riderman329

Posted February 13, 2007 - 06:39 PM

the whole set-up cost was around 2500 to get them printed. the printer was 2 grand, then we had to buy print ribbons, and the special vinyl(that we didn't even use) and the clear protective vinyl.

all I printed on was standard 3.5 mill white vinyl as a test, like i said test, this was the first time we ever printed multi colors, we didn't want to mess up the good vinyl, so we used some scrap vinyl we had laying around the shop.

I used processed colors, next time i'm going to try spot colors, just hope I'll get them right!!!

Right now I have 1 race on them and a presswash. and so far they have stayed on pretty well even just for being cheap vinyl. just a few design errors in my templet, that i trimed with a knife.

At this time I'm just going to be making graphics for myself. Untill I can learn my mechine better, and get templets made up. but theres so many people that can make graphics, so it really wouldn't benfit me that much.

but if the right time comes then i might do some thing. I don't know if i'll do custom stuff. or just give you a few opitons.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.