What size flywheel weight for 426

4 replies to this topic
  • jgreene

Posted February 11, 2007 - 07:53 PM

Setting up '01 YZ 426 for hare scrambles. Any opinions on 10oz. 12oz. or 14oz flywheel weights? I have aquired a second OEM flywheel and think that I am going with a bolt on weight from Zip Ty Racing.

• LVThumper

Posted February 12, 2007 - 05:06 PM

JMO - but I think you might be happier with the "Rekluse" fly wheel weight! :censored:

I was debating the same thing for desert races, but went with the auto clutch. It was the right choice for sure! It took a little bit of the "hit" out, and makes it almost impossible to stall! :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • b-bike

Posted February 14, 2007 - 08:08 PM

I have a 12oz. on my 01 YZ 426. I love it.

I know others here that put on the rekluse auto clutch and kept the stock flywheel and wouldn't change back to the manual clutch for all the tea in china.

• torqueme

Posted February 14, 2007 - 11:17 PM

I have both 14oz ZipTy & Rekluse. won't stall even when i crash. i ride tight single trails & love the set-up.

• kingotone

Posted February 15, 2007 - 01:10 PM

14 O.Z. on mine and and I love it.................

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.