oil comming out of dipstick hole 450 07

30 replies to this topic
  • ffgman

Posted February 11, 2007 - 10:00 AM

Hey guys, hopefully someone has had a similar problem. I changed my oil yesterday, its a bout the 7th oil change. I switched from reg oil to semi synthetic to finally fully synthetic. I went through the normal routine, two bottom drain bolts, clean the scotts filter, replace with about 1 quart. I remove the 8 mm higher bolt to make sure its not over filled( a little came out) bolt replaced. I start bike for about a minute , then recheck oil level on dipstick and oil comes flowing out(and its not even hot)of dipstick hole. This never happened in any other changes. I let bike sit until it completely cooled and it was fine. But if the bike runs for even 10 seconds oil comes out of dipstick hole, this never happened before. Any thoughts?

• msgbean

Posted February 11, 2007 - 02:26 PM

Is the oil foamy looking?

• ffgman

Posted February 11, 2007 - 04:19 PM

No foam, Im going to change it again tommorrow with the syn blend oil I had been using(motul). It was the first change with synthetic, I wonder if it could have been the oil. It was amsoil 10-40, the same stuff I used in my 04.

• ffgman

Posted February 11, 2007 - 04:37 PM

Now that I think about it, there was some airation in the oil, but not foamy.

• ffgman

Posted February 12, 2007 - 07:54 PM

I cant believe none of you guys has even an opinion on this subject, is this beyound your scope of thinking,or all you guys that are moderators of thumpertalk brainless, please give me something before I have to bitch slap you online, Please?. I have been reading this website like a faithfull puppy for quite a few months now. I finally ask for a question that has a difficult answer and none of you even has some kind of an answer for me.Come on guys, please work with me, we get nine thousand answers for a question like my seat is too hard on my 07, has anybody had this problem.? Come on guys, Im desperate' please try to help me, Im like a 16 year old kid in a whorehouse with a gold card with no experation.Somebody say something, even if you tell me to eat poo-poo.

• drtrcr400

Posted February 12, 2007 - 08:33 PM

I usually start with the blondes:p Seriously though, um it's overfilled? Just drain some oil out then check the level as per the manual. I promise it won't be a large amount. My bike has been taking slightly less than a quart when i change it, including the filter.

• SXP

Posted February 12, 2007 - 08:34 PM

OK, eat poo-poo.

As you must be very aware (even for a 16 year old), this bike has hardly been out for 3 months and the knowledge base is still growing. Has it occurred to you to ask this question on the YZ side of the house where they have had this motor for the past year? My guess is what you experienced is no cause for alarm.

• TARFELE

Posted February 13, 2007 - 05:52 AM

I cant believe none of you guys has even an opinion on this subject, is this beyound your scope of thinking,or all you guys that are moderators of thumpertalk brainless, please give me something before I have to bitch slap you online, Please?. I have been reading this website like a faithfull puppy for quite a few months now. I finally ask for a question that has a difficult answer and none of you even has some kind of an answer for me.Come on guys, please work with me, we get nine thousand answers for a question like my seat is too hard on my 07, has anybody had this problem.? Come on guys, Im desperate' please try to help me, Im like a 16 year old kid in a whorehouse with a gold card with no experation.Somebody say something, even if you tell me to eat poo-poo.

I cannot believe that you received your answer over 8 hours ago and you have not replied. Is this beyond you scope of thinking to check the site periodically. I am sorry but I have been on my days off as the forum "Go-TO" guy so I did not jump at your question. Bryan Bosch told me last week that I was putting in too may hours in the forum and I needed to cut back because my paychecks were too high from all of the overtime. Please e-mail the Boss with all of the complaints but keep in mind we are already overbudget for the year and it is only February.:censored: :ride:

Just kidding. But before you check it again kill the motor before pulling the stick. :lol:

Just kidding again:thumbsup: You said that the oil is flowing out but how much is "Flowing"

• 520Roost

Posted February 13, 2007 - 09:06 AM

its overfull, read the manuel it tells u it will run out if its overfull ,its ok drain it till its at the marks.be very careful.

• ffgman

Posted February 13, 2007 - 09:25 AM

I remove the 8mm higher bolt to get the level right every time I change the oil, I just dont remember oil coming out of the dipstick hole before. It will keep comming out until

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ffgman

Posted February 13, 2007 - 09:29 AM

Sorry guys, I accidently hit the wrong key. Oil will keep comming out until I put the stick back in. Sorry I was kind of a smart ass last night, I had a high octane level in my blood. Im wondering if its a crankcase breather or something like that. My last ride was in some serious mud. Maybe something got some crud in it.

• WGP

Posted February 13, 2007 - 09:38 AM

Is your bike turned off when you pull th dipstick?

• ffgman

Posted February 13, 2007 - 09:44 AM

yes,I actually let it sit for about 20 seconds after it is off before I pull the stick.

• trailordune

Posted February 13, 2007 - 11:02 AM

Already heard the answer that you over filled it and I second that. These bikes will do this when overfull. I've seen it. Drain and start over. Then you will know if there's a problem. A quart of oil is cheap and it'll be good practice for ya.

• specialk6r

Posted February 13, 2007 - 11:38 AM

Mine did it once when I overfilled it by about 10 mL. You have to be precise. Also, I'd highly recommend rerouting the crankcase breather and the carb vents (just the 2 that loop up over the carb) under the seat. It takes about 5 minutes and could save you a lot of grief if you stall out in a creek crossing.

• ffgman

Posted February 13, 2007 - 12:42 PM

I rerouted the breather on my 04, because I did stall in a creek and it sucked alot of h2o into my motor. My 07 is routed into the airbox from the factory(much better). I had a ton of mud in the bottom of my airbox, Im going to see if it went into the breather hose. I have a strange feeling it did. That could pressurize my crankcase. My 07 has a 8mm bolt that is supposed to be removed after you fill it up to let any excess oil out, I do it every time I change oil. Thanks for your input

• sts475

Posted February 15, 2007 - 07:53 AM

I'm just going to dunk my WR in a 1000 gallon tank of oil and hope that it gets in all of the right places ! How long should I let it drain before I ride it ?

Thanks !

STS.

• Murray Dorward

Posted February 15, 2007 - 09:25 AM

If you have only used 1000 gallon's of oil, then I recommend that you remove all the 8mm bolts from the bike and watch all the oil piss out untill the whole bike falls apart, then , and only then will the oil level be correct and you will not have over filled it like the 16 year old who has enough money to go to a whore house and talk crap on thumper talk. To the 16 year old who has changed his oil 8 times and has one of the best oil filters on the market, why are you changing your oil so frequently ? Do you get the oil for free ? or do you have a desire to always see clean oil on your dipstick ? (or crank casings from over filling it) or are you racing the bike ?

If your racing the bike my humble appolages, change it as many times as you want. In future read the owners manual and learn how to do it properly and the exact amount of oil required before throwing your toys on Thumpertalk. Once you have us going the guys will rag you to bits.

Good luck Oil boy

Muz

• WR_Dave

Posted February 15, 2007 - 10:37 AM

we get nine thousand answers for a question like my seat is too hard on my 07,

I.ve been away for a day or two and everyone is getting pissy, as I reply to this there are 17 responses to the hard seat question. So I have determined that since you over estimated the replys by 529 times, I assumed that you must have put about 529 liters of oil in your motor when in fact it only askes for 1 .:censored: :ride: :lol: WR Dave.

• Chuck_Nelson

Posted February 15, 2007 - 05:06 PM

OK, last fall I was in a real hurry trying to change my oil before a big ride the next day. I warmed up the bike, drained all the oil, and poured in a quart. I pulled the dipstick out and as soon as I did oil, started coming out of the dipstick hole. Thinking I had a air bubble, I removed the bolt on the side of the head and let oil drip out. I dropped the little washer in the oil drain pan and had to spend 15 minutes trying to find it. Still had the same issue. I drained all of the oil again, dropped the washer of of the drain plug and had to dig it out of the drain pan too. I then noticed that I didn't get a whole quart back out. At this point I am shaking my head thinking what the heck have I messed up. As I walked around the bike I looked down and saw the frame drain bolt and realized that I had drained the the motor but not the frame. Needless to say, after I stopped laughing at myself, I drained the oil from the frame and put a quart in and guess what? None came out of the dipstick hole.

Lesson? Any time you save doing something quick is usually erased by having to redo it later.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.